WORLD CONCERN VISION
A world transformed from poverty to the abundance of life.
WORLD CONCERN MISSION STATEMENT
World Concern partners to transform the lives of poor and marginalized people through disaster response and sustainable community development. The love of Christ compels us to pursue reconciliation and equip those we serve so that they may in turn share with others.
Reporting to the President of World Concern, the Senior Director of Finance & Compliance will serve as a member of the World Concern Senior Leadership Team by providing in-depth financial analysis and strategic organizational recommendations. Analyze and interpret financial data in relationship to operations. Strategically and tactically lead, develop, and prepare strategic financial plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts. Oversee the day-to-day international finance operations while ensuring compliance with all international accounting and audit standards. Develop and interpret critical organizational key performance indicators (KPI’s) and work with World Concern leaders to recommend appropriate action. Ensure compliance with U.S. Government and other major international funded obligations while actively identifying opportunities to further the organization’s commitment to operating with integrity.
Additionally, responsible for organizational ethics and accountability, including government/host country statutes and regulations while establishing and managing organizational policies and procedures. Investigate, evaluate and interpret emerging issues taking into consideration known laws, organizational ethics and risk, and make recommendations to senior leadership based on these. Provide oversight along with a strong day-to-day leadership presence and support a mission-aligned unity and submission to Christ in World Concern activities and operations.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, foster and advocate for the overall vision and mission of the organization.
(General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
• Provide recommendations to World Concern President regarding best business practices and future strategic direction based upon in-depth financial analysis of current and future operations and benchmarking other peer organizations.
• Lead the annual budgeting process for directors and department heads through a strategic period of evaluation and future vision casting.
• Review USG, EU and other significant donor type mix ratios in collaboration with other Directors and ensure increased efficiency in operations.
• Keep the WCDO/WC Board of Trustees informed of the financial condition of the organization on a regular basis.
• Lead World Concern’s strategic plan initiatives relating to Finance and Compliance.
• Monitor integrity of donor intent and full-costing allocations, in collaboration and coordination with Resource Advancement and World Concern Operations.
• Regularly evaluate organizational administrative systems and processes looking for ways to continuously improve organizational efficiency.
2. Fiscal Management
• Manage the preparation and development of World Concern’s annual operating budgets, forecasts, cost targets, and operational reports and analyses. Ensure accurate, timely, and relevant production of analyses, documents, reports and budgets.
• Design and compile financial analyses, KPI’s and dashboards for World Concern.
• Provide financial analysis and related research of monthly Grant Reports, looking for trends and areas of concern, to enable accurate program and operations management.
• Responsible for World Concern international finance oversight in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
3. Compliance & Risk Management
• Oversee compliance with U.S. Federal Government and other international bilateral and multilateral institutional grants, keeping current on regulatory requirements and monitoring compliance.
• Manage and oversee grant and foundation proposal development, reporting & compliance functions including review of sub-recipients to ensure compliance with terms of sub-agreements and applicable grantor rules and regulations.
• Evaluate systems and processes related to grants to ensure compliance and requirements for government, NGO, and institutional donors. Develop new systems and processes as needed, provide support to operations in implementation.
• Complete internal reviews and training of international operations, including travel to overseas offices as necessary.
• Investigate allegations of fraud or code of conduct violations in a manner that aligns with the organization’s mission and vision and recommend appropriate action.
• Develop, update and recommend to senior leadership policies, processes and procedures and follow up as necessary to ensure implementation.
• Advise senior leadership regarding changes, trends or developments that might influence decision-making or pose additional risk to the organization.
• Develop effective campaigns that raise organizational awareness of ethical issues and message appropriate responses.
4. Functional Management
• Review, establish, implement and administer and/or coordinate policies and procedures necessary for the effective Finance and Compliance functions across World Concern.
• Provide managerial audits, conduct research and special projects as assigned.
• Primary manager for budget development, monitoring and expense control of WCDO and Finance & Compliance department budgets.
• Supervise World Concern Regional Finance Directors, Grant Compliance Officer and Accountability Officer with authority to hire, develop, and evaluate performance, and maintain appropriate short-term and long-term objectives, strategies, standards, and workflow.
• Design and direct training initiatives and building capacity to ensure finance staff are equipped to perform their roles and responsibilities with accuracy and professionalism.
• Provide support in trouble-shooting situations, regarding day-to-day financial operations and training as needed.
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
• Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
• Lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles.
• Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
• Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
• Seven years or more of Accounting/Finance or Business Management experience.
• Five years or more of experience with demonstrated success in budgeting, planning for future fiscal years.
• Three years of Grant management and governance, including experience with U.S. Government grant compliance.
• Three years of working as a business manager, accounting manager or in a senior finance leadership role, in a Not-for-Profit setting, with the ability to lead and teach team to meet operational requirements to optimize business office functions.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
• Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Management Accountant.
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
• Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong focus on Excel.
• Working knowledge of accounting software packages.
• Demonstrated ability to teach and train others in small group settings with the ability to communicate difficult concepts to a wide audience.
• Able to think analytically and resolve problems independently.
• High level of initiative and adaptability to changing environment.
• Achieve and lead best practices in relevant fields.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
• Lead by example, positively influence staff and work within a team.
• Administration and management experience in a cross-cultural setting.
• Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including periodic travel to international offices.
• Able to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and customers.
• Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, the mission of transforming the lives of poor and marginalized people.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
Three years’ International Not-For-Profit experience.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Management Accountant
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
Working Knowledge of Adaptive Insights, Business World On accounting software, Agresso and Salesforce software systems.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.