Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 4 million people in 56 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world.
What is the opportunity?
The Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day financial activities of the ministry that may include contribution management, accounts payable, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliations, and accurate financial reporting. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Accounting. In the first 12 months, a successful Accountant will:
· Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
· Document financial transactions by entering account information
· Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
· Summarize current financial status by collecting data and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
· Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
· Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
· Maintain financial security by following internal controls
· Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
· Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
· Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
What is required?
· Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
· CPA preferable
· 3 to 5 years of work experience required
· Intermediate Excel skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of commonly used accounting, business, and manufacturing concepts and practices (nonprofit accounting experience preferable)
· Excellent analytical skills; ability to work through complex issues and employ reasoning skills to solve problems
· International and multi-currency accounting experience a plus
· An understanding of and ability to work with volunteers and all levels of staff, including indigenous staff in developing countries
· Ability to command respect and project confidence
· Capable of working with a team toward common goals and overcome diverse obstacles
· Ability to organize personal workloads and maintain a well-functioning office
· Strong integrity and stewardship, demonstrating to investors that gifts are well-used
· Accounting software experience required; ERP experience preferred
Interested, qualified applicants should apply at watermission.org/apply.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2020 Accord Network. All rights reserved.