Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Accounting Associate is responsible for assisting the accountants with their various duties, including but not limited to processing disbursements, preparing state registrations, filing of accounting information, and review of various accounting manuals. This full-time, Charleston, SC-based position reports to the Director of Accounting.
A successful Accounting Associate will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
* Assist the Accountants with coordinating and achieving the objectives for the general accounting, payables, receivables, inventory, and audit activities.
* Input financial information into the accounting system, including Contributions, A/R, A/P, Inventory, and Project Costing.
* Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
* Summarize current financial status by collecting data and preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
* Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
* Other duties as assigned.
What is Required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in accounting or two years’ work experience in accounting.
* Knowledge of commonly used accounting, business, and manufacturing concepts and practices.
* Excel skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical skills.
* Ability to work with a team toward common goals and overcome diverse obstacles.
* Ability to organize personal workload and assist in maintaining a well-functioning global accounting office.
* Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary.
* Unquestionable integrity and stewardship.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Ability to work from the Charleston office 2-3 days per week.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities required.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.