ABOUT HEAVEN’S FAMILY
Heaven’s Family is an innovative, evangelical Christian organization committed to holistic mission in needy countries around the world. We combine proven disciple-making methods with self-sustaining community development tools such as microloans, always guided by a passionate commitment to giving all we have for the “least of these” (Matthew 25:40). Our ministries range from meeting basic needs (such as safe water and improved farming methods) to supporting indigenous missionaries and creatively delivering sustenance and Bibles to closed countries. Our annual budget is currently $3 million.
The mission of the Accounting & Human Resources Manager is to improve the operations of the organization, maintain high standards, and assist with growth, impact, trust, and transparency. He or she will also collaborate with the Management Team in attracting and retaining incredibly talented staff and collaborate on the continued development of Heaven’s Family’s culture.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounting & Human Resources Manager will improve and lead all day-to-day accounting and human resources operations. Although being involved in strategy is required, the position also requires large amounts of administrative work. Specific responsibilities include:
• Learn and evaluate Heaven’s Family’s current accounting and HR strategy and processes
• Within first two months along with the management team, develop a plan with measurable goals and outcomes to improve accounting and human resources
• Lead all strategic and day-to-day financial administration including accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting, financial controls, audits, payroll, etc.
• Lead all strategic and day-to-day human resources administration including policies, recruiting, onboarding, performance reviews, benefits, offboarding, etc.
• Manage accounting and human resources staff
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials
• Manage relationships with banks, financial institutions, and professional services
• Partner with the Management Team on operational and strategic issues and serve as a knowledgeable resource
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned and needed
The Accounting & Human Resources Manager will be an exceptionally talented leader with a calling to full-time ministry work and a very evident commitment to integrity and personal godliness. He or she will also be a fast learner and strategic thinker, yet detail-oriented, extremely organized, and excel in both administration and operations.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or a related field, or equivalent experience
• CPA desirable
• At least five (5) years of professional accounting and human resource experience, with preference given to nonprofit experience
• Experience with QuickBooks is required
• Experience with Salesforce is highly desirable as the position will require its use
• Previous missions, ministry, or volunteering experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Technologically competent
• Able to adapt and grow with the organization
• Strong managerial and team building skills
• Able to work from home in the Punxsutawney area and regularly meet in-person with other staff
• Able to travel internationally for short periods of time if the need arises
Benefits package: Health care stipend for employee and family; retirement plan matches employee payroll deductions, up to 3% of income.
Vacation: Twenty (20) days annually
Relocation: Allowance is negotiable
Other: Nine (9) paid holidays annually
Ready to take the next step?
For additional information about Heaven’s Family, please visit our website at www.HeavensFamily.org/employment. If, after prayerfully reviewing this information, you sense that this role and opportunity could be a good fit for you, please submit a cover letter and resumé to: Stephen Servant | email@example.com
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.