Samaritans Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact.
We are hiring a Business Systems Analyst to join our Projects Department to assist with an Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system implementation and to provide ongoing support. We need someone like you to provide in-house consultation to the department for effective planning, deployment, and ongoing use of ERP systems at both our headquarters in Boone, NC and our international locations around the world. Come use your combined knowledge of IT and business processes to serve and provide great systems for our teams.
If you are searching for more than just a job, but a career with lasting impact, come see how we accomplish that!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
* Visit field sites to understand, evaluate, document, and compile needs, processes, and procedures that are required for the ERP replacement through regular dialog with IT, Projects leadership, and field-based staff.
* Draft and maintain a project plan timeline for the Projects Department that allows the department internal benchmarks/checkmarks to meet deadlines set by IT for the implementation.
* Ensure Projects staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities to keep implementation on track.
* During implementation, ensure extensive testing is performed in a development/testing environment and tracks system successes, failures, and issues. Document solutions in partnership with IT.
* Work with stakeholders to guide change management by developing reference guides, introductory courses, and job aides for end users. Create an organized storage solution for this information for easy updates and accessibility for remote staff.
* Provide one-on-one training to Samaritan’s Purse staff on the use of specific applications as needed.
* Identify how changes to configuration and software will impact downstream functionality and integration to other systems.
* Provide regular updates to the Business Systems Manager on progress, issues, decision points, and changes to the implementation.
* Faithfully uphold the ministry in prayer.
* Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
* Consistently participate in daily staff devotions.
* Demonstrate behavior aligned with the Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, policies, and expectations.
* Effectively represent Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field with 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in project management or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Previous experience with software vetting, implementations, troubleshooting, maintenance, and utilization required.
* Ability to recognize problems, develop and evaluate data, determine solutions, and make logical recommendations
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical or less technical audiences
* Ability to collect, manage, store, and analyze data from multiple sources
* Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Job Location: Boone, NC
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Travel Expectations: 50-75 days of international travel/year to understand and implement systems in field locations.
* Career with Purpose!
* Great work/life balance
* Extremely Competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan (high matching)
* Extremely Competitive Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
* Competitive vacation and time off benefits
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Long term and short term disability insurance
Samaritans Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritans Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritans Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.(John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church.(1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ.(Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.