Position Title: Community Transformation International Projects Officer (CT IPO)
Report To: International Projects Manager (IPM CT)
Position Summary: The Community Transformation International Projects Officer (CT IPO) works in close
collaboration with the IPM CT and the International Projects Officers (IPO) who have Community
Transformation Partners to assist in the expansion of the Community Transformation (CT) programs. In
addition, the CT IPO will assist in the continued implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability
and Learning (MEAL) for the CT projects and serve as the point-of-contact within the Projects team for the
informational needs regarding promotion of (CT) and Integral Human Development (IHD) initiatives of the
various fundraising departments within Cross Catholic Outreach (CCO).
Educational or Certification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish required. French and/or Creole a plus.
• Two or more years of experience in relief/development project oversight or related field.
• International experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
• Demonstrate foreign cultural awareness/sensitivity
• Excellent presentation, organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in a crosscultural and multilingual context
• Ability and willingness to work effectively in a difficult environment
• Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from donors,
government officials, and other stakeholder organizations
• Marketing/communications skills and experience
• Highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage large volumes of data
• Experience with databases and strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
• Knowledge of Power BI a plus
• Strong strategic planning skills and (MEAL) skills; ability to advise ministry partners on design and
management of multi-sectoral projects
• Program management/budgeting experience
• Experienced individual and/or group traveler, with knowledge of basic international travel
• Experience working as part of a team
• Travel – Approximately 30% (Internationally)
• Community Transformation Officer
o Participates in the planning of CT initiatives, including the promotion of IHD in the countries
that receive assistance from CCO;
o Provides assistance to the organization in meeting its Strategic Objectives as they relate to CT
o Provide assistance to IPM CT on the implementation of the water and housing expansion in CT
o Provides assistance to IPM CT in tasks related to the monitoring of ongoing overseas CT
projects by providing verbal and written reports on current project activities;
o Provides assistance to IPM on creation of surveys and reports derived from the survey data using
SurveyCTO and LightWheel;
o Liaises between the Projects Department and all fundraising departments, as necessary, to help
facilitate select project information aimed at satisfying donor inquiries and meeting fundraising
goals; responds to requests for information on CT projects;
o Liaises between the Projects Department and the Marketing/Communications Departments, as
necessary, to help facilitate the marketing campaigns and updates have the necessary information
from our CT Partners
o Member of the MEA&L Team and the point person for CT Data for various fundraising
departments within CCO;
o Collaborates with the Gifts-in-Kind (GIK)/Shipping staff to ensure integration of GIA and GIK
programming, as well as expeditious transport of needed GIK to partners in designated countries.
International Projects Officer – Additional Responsibilities
o Monitors ongoing projects in countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America or Caribbean;
o Provides verbal and written reports on current project activity to the IPM;
o Makes strategic recommendations about partners;
o Ensures that scope, schedule, or cost changes are identified and communicated accurately and on
a timely basis to the IPM;
o Works closely with in-country partners and colleagues, International Projects Officers (IPOs)
and the Senior International Projects Director (SIPD) in tasks to ensure accurate and timely
o Creates written status performance and project visit reports and updates as needed to President,
Vice President for Missions, Communications, and other executive management;
o Presents Mission Report to staff on projects visited following a trip to the field;
o Makes own travel and other logistical arrangements for trips to the field and, as needed, for other
o Other duties as assigned
We are a Catholic ministry with an ecumenical staff of Catholic, Protestant and Eastern Orthodox believers working in unity to provide food, water, housing, education, orphan support, medical care, microenterprise and disaster relief — and the love of our Lord Jesus Christ — to the poorest of the poor in more than 30 countries around the world. We believe strongly in unifying Christians in this mission of mercy, and we believe that creating a welcoming work environment for all Christian faiths is essential to achieving our ministry goals.
Interested candidates are free to reach out to Rebecca Riccitello directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.