Position Summary: In the position of Cross International’s Community Transformation Specialist, you are a key member of the Programs Department that will work jointly with your colleagues, partners, and closely with CI’s local (international) ministry partners to develop holistic community development/transformation programs in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa.
Your work will have an immense influence on Cross International’s growth and impact with many of the world’s most vulnerable people over the coming years.
As the Community Transformation Specialist, you will work closely with the Vice President of International Programs, the M & E Specialist, and the International Grants Officer. International travel will be required to meet with local CI partners to inform their community transformation (CT) program design and to build relationships.
The position requires that you are an experienced, energetic person of Christian faith, love a team environment and have tactful interpersonal skills. You are intent to complete projects on time, and you have a passion to serve the world’s most vulnerable populations with compassion and respect. You also have an understanding of the contemporary influences within North American evangelical churches and the worldwide Church at large.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
• Proficient in participatory community development in developing countries
• Possesses a strong knowledge of project management and community mapping/planning
• Possesses knowledge of economic development
• Possesses knowledge of primary and secondary education
• Possesses relationship-building skills with cross-cultural sensitivity
• Displays strong/creative analytical, problem-solving skills
• Develops and directs the Cross International community transformation (CT) programs
• Serves as the key liaison between key CT stakeholders and partners
• Develops and implements a process for community readiness assessments to be used as the basis for CT programs
• Prioritizes potential communities for CT programs
• Manages the CT program’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning process in collaboration with the M&E Specialist
• Provides donor liaison, communication, and reporting, in collaboration with the International Grants Officer, and other key CT stakeholders
Education or Certification Requirements:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in international studies, international development, non-profit administration, or other related fields.
• Fluency in Spanish is required
• At least five years overseas experience managing community development programs internationally in Latin America/the Caribbean
• Experience in project management, design and oversight
• Displays consistent servant-leadership behavior
• Negotiates with wisdom and discernment in difficult situations
• Shows sensitivity to personal security issues for international travel
• Communicates regularly and clearly with others within and outside of Cross International with tact and diplomacy
• A person of Christian faith and active member/attender of a local Christian church and is a contributing part of a local body of believers
• Has a deep desire, a calling, to serve the world’s most vulnerable people
• Thrives and is able to perform in a changing organizational environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to write clear, concise, and comprehensive manuals and reports
• Is a person who has a sense of humor and enjoys co-workers
• Can be based in South Florida or remote within the United States
• Ability to effectively work remotely from a home office as needed, with travel to CI headquarters on a regular basis (i.e., weekly or quarterly, as current travel policy and office conditions allow in relations to COVID-19 and where you are based);
• Frequent international travel to project sites. (All travel is dependent on CI current travel policy and in relation to COVID-19)
Preferences, but not required:
• Master’s degree in Public Administration, International Development, or equivalent degree
For more information about Cross International
visit our web site at https://crossinternational.org
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.