We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Content Editor will support Water Mission’s content development strategy through writing, editing, and proofreading, creating an engaging experience for a variety of audiences across multiple platforms. This position will ensure a clear and consistent message about the global water crisis and Water Mission’s vision, mission, values, and solutions. Working across departments and teams, this person will write, edit, and proofread content that raises brand awareness, engages key partners and audiences, and tells Water Mission’s story and impact. This full-time position reports to the Director of Content Strategy and Development and can be based remotely or at Water Mission’s headquarters in Charleston, SC.
A successful Content Editor will perform the following:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, partners, volunteers, and the general public.
* Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities.
Content Development and Expertise
* Maintain detailed and up-to-date knowledge of Water Mission’s house style guide, brand voice and tone, and overall brand guidelines.
* Act as a writer, editor, and proofreader across all communications channels, including, but not limited to, print, web, email, and social media.
* Provide best-in-class developmental editing, copy editing, and proofreading to ensure content is on-brand and consistent with Water Mission style.
* Act as an expert writing, style, and grammar resource in the department and organization.
* Work closely with the Director of Content Strategy and Development to keep style guide up-to-date to help others in the organization effectively communicate about Water Mission.
* Partner with Director of Content Strategy and Development on upcoming content needs, coming prepared with story ideas and a collaborative spirit for healthy brainstorming.
* Research, write, review, edit, and proofread a wide variety of marketing materials. This content may include blogs, newsletters, appeal letters, impact reports, funding proposals, annual reports, email campaigns, disaster response communications, corporate communications, public relations, programmatic materials, partner resources, and more.
* Work with Director of Content Strategy and Development to efficiently uses impact stories so that they reach the widest audience.
* Work collaboratively across the global organization to meet content needs that support Water Mission’s goals.
* Contribute to project management goals by meeting deadlines and milestones.
* Follow established research best practices, content management workflows, and review processes.
* Work closely with internationally based colleagues on story collection for future use.
* Attend virtual meetings as required and initiate calls, meetings, or Teams chats to collect information from colleagues in the United * States and our nine country programs.
* Record all relevant project communication in Smartsheet and ensure project files are stored appropriately on SharePoint per department guidelines.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith; core values of love, excellence, and integrity; and the principles of Biblical Stewardship.
* Consistently present a professional image.
* Effectively communicate about the global water crisis and Water Mission’s vision, mission, values, and solutions.
* Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, liberal arts, technical writing, or related field.
* Three or more years of writing, editing, and/or proofreading experience.
* Working knowledge of AP style and the proven ability to learn and utilize house style.
* Impeccable research, writing, and editing skills.
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
* Knowledge of WordPress and/or Luminate is a plus, but not required.
* Thrives under pressure and has a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
* Ability to work in a highly fluid environment and respond to changing requests.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
* Flexibility to work periodic nights and weekends as required for ministry operations.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities required.
* Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.