Job Title: Content Specialist and Storyteller
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Prepared By: Andy Jones
Position: Full-time, Exempt
Date: April 2023
VISION & MISSION STATEMENT
To see churches equipped for mission and growing to maturity in Christ through the ministry of pastors and leaders who believe, teach, and live by the Word of God.
To strengthen the ministry of the Word of God through:
1. Nurturing national movements for training in biblical preaching;
2. Multiplying the creation and distribution of evangelical literature; and
3. Strengthening the theological training of pastors and leaders by qualified evangelical teachers.
The content specialist and storyteller curates, writes, and manages the stories of what God is doing through Langham throughout the Majority World. They will craft compelling messages that resonate with globally-minded Christians. The copywriter will find impact stories in collaboration with our program leaders and then publish them across digital and print media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
Key Result Area #1 – Write and Edit Marketing Communications (Approximately 50% of the Time).
1. Collaborate with the director of marketing to determine the priority of writing and editing assignments.
2. Develop and manage a communication calendar to ensure content is developed in a timely manner.
3. Write insightful, informative, and relevant copy that tells the Langham story in a compelling manner to
various audiences and adheres to internal style guides and AP.
4. Write and edit in various styles of writing, including:
5. Edit documents and written materials for content, grammar, organization, and adherence to style manual.
6. Give and receive creative ideas, edit others’ work, be edited, and work harmoniously with others in the
7. Manage and work with contract writers as needed.
Key Result Area #2 – Resource gathering and organization (20%).
1. Consistently and proactively seek story and other resource ideas in collaboration with program leaders and
other national team members.
2. Participate in resource gathering for story, photography, and/or video content, traveling as needed both
domestically and internationally, including insecure parts of the Majority World.
3. Develop and maintain a system to organize stories and how they are being used.
Key Result Area #3 – Provide support for marketing initiatives (20%)
Support marketing team in key campaigns, management of projects, and other related areas.
1. Manage Langham’s social media presence.
2. Manage Langham’s email marketing.
3. Manage Langham’s website content.
4. Manage johnstott.org content.
Key Result Area #4 – Provide copywriting support to development representatives as needed (10%)
Our gift officers and grant writers often need assistance with identifying stories and creating proposals and reports. These requests often have hard deadlines and require prioritizing workflow to make sure deadlines are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Vibrant personal relationship with Christ and commitment to a local church
● Interact with internal and external constituencies with a positive and enthusiastic personality
● Be self-directed and proactive in remote work environment, including appropriate space to work from home
● Excellent writer that is able to write quickly and effectively
● Excel and remain positive during times of challenge
● Work interdependently with people in a team-oriented environment
● Manage conflicting priorities and determine best-case courses of action
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
● Unquestionable integrity and a strong sense of professional ethics
● Perform repetitive motions on a keyboard for up to 8 hours a day
● Travel (domestically and internationally) up to 10% a year.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; two to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, colleagues, and donors.
Those who wish further information or wish to apply for this position can do so by emailing a resume and writing samples (in PDF format) to Bart Moseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Langham Partnership is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of Langham Partnership as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff share the same religious commitment. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a)) Langham Partnership has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with Langham Partnership’s Statement of faith and values and mission and vision.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.