CURE International is a Christian non-profit organization operating a global network of eight pediatric hospitals in Africa and the Philippines. Our mission is rooted in Luke 9:2 – ‘to heal the sick and proclaim the kingdom of God.’ We seek out the most vulnerable and underserved to provide sponsored surgical care to children living with treatable disabilities. Our hospitals and programs depend on a team of dedicated, talented professionals. We need YOU to consider joining our team as we continue to grow our mission.
CURE International is now accepting applications for an opportunity as a Copywriter at our Mission Support Center located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Working closely with the Senior Writer/Editor, the Copywriter supports the needs of the organization and is primarily responsible for creating content and crafting corporate communications for each CURE hospital and CURE International. This role will work closely with hospital and organizational leadership to prepare relevant content that effectively communicates CURE’s mission to a global audience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Publish multiple articles on a weekly basis for hospital and cure.org websites, working with social media teams for distribution.
2. Support the advancement department with copywriting of marketing materials, emails, fundraising campaigns, donor reports, and
general communications collateral.
3. Prepare longer-form patient stories that captivate the essence of CURE’s mission embodied in a human interest story.
4. Develop content for CURE’s annual reports, websites, magazine, brochures, and related collateral.
5. Review/edit CUREkid profiles to ensure quality and consistency.
6. Edit, proofread, and ensure brand guidelines and standards are strictly adhered to.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
1. B.A. or B.S. in Journalism, English or Communications.
2. Minimum five (5) years of professional writing experience.
3. Previous work with non-profit donor communications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Excellent editorial and copywriting skills.
2. Press release creation and distribution skills.
3. Creative storytelling abilities.
4. Familiarity with a content management system is preferred.
In addition, all candidates should be familiar with the Statement of Faith, and will be required to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith in order to be considered for this position.
This is a full-time, paid position that offers a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, and paid time off.
CURE International complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons living with a disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.