Country Director – Nigeria
World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is seeking to hire a Country Director to serve in Nigeria! World Renew is an international development and disaster response organization with a vision to renew hope, reconcile lives, and restore creation. We are searching for an experienced development and/or disaster response professional who possesses an understanding of core development and relief concepts, models, and values and has experience managing and leading others in this work.
The Country Director is based in Jos, Nigeria and is responsible for leading, managing and implementing the Nigeria country strategy to achieve World Renew’s vision of community transformation in alignment with World Renew’s values, standards and global strategic priorities. This position acts as the in-country representative for World Renew and represents World Renew to government entities, partners, alliances and donors. This position is also co- responsible with the Resonate Global Mission Field Leader for the day to day operations of all aspects of the SUM-CRC joint Nigeria office including administration, human resources and financial management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and update the country strategy as required, ensuring alignment with regional strategy and with World Renew’s vision and global strategic priorities.
- Develop and implement a multi-year operational plan that enables the achievement of the country strategy.
- Develop and build relationships with partner staff, networks and alliances, with national religious leaders, with government representatives, with other NGOs and any other appropriate national forums or strategic partnerships.
- Develop and manage partner relationships to ensure the operational capacity to deliver the appropriate support to World Renew’s partners in Nigeria, ensuring effective program consulting.
- Develop a country funding and donor management strategy, in consultation with CORE and the regional team leader, to identify and secure a stable funding base to support the country’s program needs.
- Ensure financial oversight of the country budget.
- Provide human resource leadership to all staff by ensuring appropriate strategies are in place for recruitment, compensation and employee development.
- Ensure all staff are oriented to organisational policies, guidelines and best practices for their position, their conduct and their responsibilities in alignment with our commitment and adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standard.
- In collaboration with the Resonate Global Mission Field Leader, provide administrative oversight for SUM-CRC joint office matters and assets, including supervision of staff, ensuring compliance to national laws, and ensuring security protocols are in place, monitored, maintained and reviewed.
- In collaboration with CORE team staff, contribute to the constituency development priority of World Renew which includes both education, fundraising and hosting visitors. This contribution may include but is not limited to travel (within Canada and USA), video conferencing, and producing multimedia content.
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates interested in applying should do so by completing the online application form and uploading a resume & cover letter online at: https://worldrenew.net/careers on or before August 3, 2020.