To be considered for this position, the submission of the application and all supplemental documents (CV/resume, cover letter, and other attachments) are required in English.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Under the direction of the Latin America and Caribbean Regional Director, the Peru Country Director is responsible for carrying out the mission of Water Mission in Peru – to honor God by developing, implementing, and sharing best-in-class safe water solutions that transform as many lives as possible, as quickly as possible. This critical position is both a calling and a career. This role is responsible for managing a diverse team of local Peruvians and other international staff working in various functional groups, including human resources, accounting, WASH programs, operations, project management, safety, quality, ministry, and administration. By applying sound management and leadership, this role will ensure that Water Mission programs are implemented successfully according to Water Mission standards.
This role will require establishing full-time residence in Iquitos, Peru, for a minimum of two (2) years. Additional short-term travel to Charleston, SC, USA (Water Mission’s headquarters) and other regional country programs will be required in this role.
The Water Mission Peru Country Program (CP) is a recognized leader in solar pumping, water treatment, remote monitoring, and community development for last mile and rural communities. The Country Director will be expected to expand on the established reputation of the program as both an implementor and resource to other like-minded organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
Senior Management and Strategic Planning
* Maintain a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
* Lead the CP senior management team and coordinate all its operations.
* Manage employee relations issues (biblical discipline and performance improvement) and ensure personnel management practices are consistent with Water Mission standards.
* Plan development of the country program in accordance with local needs and Water Mission priorities in the form of a country strategy.
* Ensure medium-term and long-term strategic planning, establishing and maintaining managerial procedures, recording and utilizing lessons learned, and capacity building.
* Provide regular CP communication updates to Water Mission headquarters regarding administrative, financial, and programmatic updates/needs.
Finance and Administration
* Supervise the financial and administrative situation and, based on the strategy and fixed objectives, make the relevant decisions in collaboration with the senior management team and Water Mission headquarters.
* Together with the Programs Manager and Finance Manager, prepare and supervise CP budget and overall economic situation.
* Actively contribute and support the development of new proposals in line with the Water Mission country strategy.
* Ensure timely and high-quality reporting on country program operational performance against approved ministry tactical plan and budget to donors and headquarters.
* Actively monitor program implementation and provide feedback to program staff.
* Uphold Water Mission quality standards in the execution of all project activities.
Representation and Fundraising
* Network among donors and key stakeholders to actively seek funding opportunities, help increase the quality of proposals, understand donor priorities and ensure coordination.
* Represent Water Mission at meetings with government partners, regional and local authorities, donors, local agencies, coordination bodies, and other relevant stakeholders at all levels of project implementation as required.
* Ensure fundraising from institutional donors and financial stability of the CP, including preparation of project proposals in cooperation with program staff.
* Proactively engage with other organizations in the WASH sector to advance our mission and vision and evaluate people and organizations for potential ministry partnerships.
Human Resource Management
* Plan Human Resource needs of the CP and participate in selecting new staff.
* Supervise capacity building and ensure sufficient human resources for projects to meet objectives.
* Ensure coherent policy towards recruitment, remuneration, and bonuses across the CP.
* Ensure the application of adequate measures to mitigate the CP’s legal, reputational, financial, and security risks.
* Ensure respect for the principles and values of the organization, particularly regarding the code of conduct and the fight against fraud, corruption, abuse, and other harmful practices.
* Report promptly any violation of our protocols and policies according to established procedures.
* Guarantee respect for legal obligations in the country.
* Analyze the risks to the CP’s security and adapt the CP’s operation and internal measures to the security situation.
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Fluency in written and spoken English required.
* Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree from an accredited university in fields such as Management, Engineering, Development or * Business, Public Health, or any other related discipline.
* Proven experience managing >1,000,000 USD programs.
* At least 6+ months of experience living in a developing country; LAC country preferred.
* 10+ years in a leadership or management position with experience training, mentoring, and developing new leaders.
* Experience establishing and maintaining multiple partnerships with Christian ministries, NGOs, governments, UN organizations, USAID, and other development agencies.
* Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, SharePoint).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in cross-cultural settings.
* Legal authorization to work in Peru without sponsorship.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.