About the Organization
Five Talents (FT) is a Christian nonprofit that develops micro-enterprise programs in fragile communities
challenged by extreme poverty. We work in nine countries in the global south in many regions that have
experienced conflict and political unrest. Over the last 25 years, FT has impacted the lives of over 280,000
families globally to grow their incomes and provide for their families. We provide adult literacy, money
management and business skills training, and set up savings and loans groups in which entrepreneurs can
access micro loans.
FT has offices in England, Kenya, and the US. The US office has part of the responsibility for fundraising,
program management, and oversight. We have grown our income significantly over the last five years to $1.3
million in 2023, and we are looking for a talented fundraiser to join our dedicated team to help us grow
At FT we seek to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best
work to help people around the world. We offer flexible working conditions, and proactively promote a
healthy work-life balance, with remote work opportunities.
The Development Director will lead the US fundraising team. Our donors provide 100% of the revenue to run
the organization. Approximately 70% of the revenue comes from individuals, with about 15% coming from
churches, and 15% from foundations. The percentage from foundations is intended to grow significantly. In
2021 we increased the number of individual donors by more than 50%, so this is an exciting opportunity for an
experienced, driven fundraiser to help us develop more meaningful relationships with those new donors. The
impact can be enormous; we hope to expand our programs worldwide, and the right person will have the
opportunity to help shape the role according to their own strengths.
The Director will have responsibility for managing the small US fundraising team and growing revenue from
new donors. The Director will share major donor cultivation responsibilities with the CEO. We plan for the
Director to travel internationally once per year to visit our programs and bring donors along, as well as travel
domestically up to 20% of the time.
Primary responsibilities will include:
1. In coordination with the CEO, grow an assigned portfolio of major donors, deepening engagement that
leads to an increase in giving.
2. Build relationships with new friends converting them to engaged donors by securing a gift.
3. Develop a detailed annual fundraising plan that aligns with our five year strategic plan.
4. Manage the proposal-writing process for foundations and major donors.
5. Conceive of creative fundraising events and manage the team, CEO and Board in executing events.
6. Raise the profile of Five Talents by presenting at meetings, conferences, churches and foundations.
7. Work with our Communications Manager to update and grow the plan to reach and inspire new and
existing donors (including direct mail, digital and social media campaigns).
8. Other responsibilities as called upon.
1. A mature, vibrant Christian faith.
2. At least ten years of experience of successful fundraising within the non-profit sector.
3. A track record leading a fundraising team and working to targets.
4. Experience in soliciting major gifts in the 5-6 figure range.
5. Strong writing skills and proven ability to write persuasively for a variety of different audiences.
6. Able to work within a small team, as well as with FT colleagues in England and Kenya.
7. Bachelor’s degree.
1. Great sense of humor and collaborative spirit.
2. Experience in international development.
3. Experience using Raisers Edge, Salesforce or a similar CRM.
This is a full-time, exempt position at the Five Talents office in Falls Church in Fairfax County, Virginia. (During
the last year we have been in office one-to-two days per week, and this schedule will continue to evolve.)
Salary range is $75-90K depending on experience. The position includes 15 days of annual leave and eight days
of personal leave, in addition to nine holidays, along with an IRA savings plan and health/dental insurance.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.