• Minimum of 10+ years’ work experience in international programs development design, implementation and resource
• Seasoned in leading organizational Disaster Response activations (natural and man-made).
• Business Development leader with proven experience in developing NGO partnerships and corporate partnerships driving
needs-driven material aid and revenue growth in support of programs while adhering to approved expense budgets.
• Cross functional internal partner experienced in working to conceptually package programs into donor inventory offerings for
relational, mass market and institutional markets to optimize and scale offerings within the organization.
• Field-tested reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills and application.
• Industry advocate with a command over policies and standards; an advocate for best-of-class practices and knowledge sharing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
• Leadership and managerial experience for both resource acquisition and programs staff.
• Knowledge of supply chain management preferred.
• Strategic planning skills in identifying goals and targets, creating plans to engage the appropriate people in a diverse
organization to accomplish organizational wide goals.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency, attention to detail and follow-up; thrives in a fast-paced environment with ability to
prioritize, manage simultaneously multiple projects and activities with variable deadlines.
• Excellent analytical capacity and negotiation skills.
• Experience in management, finance/accounting or related experience.
• Understanding and use of inventory supply chain management systems.
• Proven experience in developing policies, procedures, and processes; as well as monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
• Proven success in cross-functional collaboration, project management, proposal development and grants management.
• Abilities in financial analysis of complex operations.
• Proven experience and knowledge of developing countries, cultures, and ability to communicate cross-culturally.
• Excellent organizational skills, preferably with nonprofits.
Supervisory and Managerial responsibilities:
The Director of Field Relations and Resource Operations provides overall leadership to the International Programs and Corporate Relations teams (Procurement) staff. His/her direct reports include the International Programs Manager and Corporate Relations Officer(s).
• Provide principled Christian leadership for the provision and procurement of GIK.
• Lead processes for program planning for international Ministry Partners and programs; approving new and existing Ministry
Partners, meeting revenue generation targets and aiding in expense reduction to maximize efficiencies.
• Ensure the team adheres to industry best practices, documentation, and reporting standards.
• Cultivate, retain and grow an appropriate institutional donor base in support of organizational and Ministry Partner / project
• Initiate/oversee personal visits with current and prospective donors for the purpose of identifying, cultivating, qualifying,
soliciting, and stewarding gifts.
• Support material aid processes and communications with Director of Administration and Logistics; comply with policies and
business process standards.
• Provide technical advice, assistance and support to donors and Cross Catholic Outreach (CCO) staff.
• In collaboration with the Director of Administration and Logistics, create strategies with specific action plans to achieve
department income goals.
• Balance demand-driven material aid needs, revenue goals and operational forecast planning in support of quarterly and annual
• Support the maintaining of relationships with authorities, churches, donors, and other NGOs within each country and the U.S.,
with the objective of fulfilling goals and CCO’s goals, mission and strategic objectives and initiatives.
• Travel in the U.S., as well as internationally; attend various senior management and project meetings.
• Develop personal relationships with key partners, senior managers and executives in other nonprofit humanitarian agencies.
• Responsible for developing processes, procedures, and systems in compliance with agreed to industry standards and norms.
• Support team budget with the Director of Administration and Logistics.
• Collaborate and participate throughout the organization in cross-functional teams to define goals, requirements, expectations,
and deadlines for programs.
• Participate in multi-departmental programs and fundraising programs.
• Oversee and ensure donor compliance requirements.
• Support disaster relief responses.
• Actively participate in the hiring, training, and coaching of new team staff in compliance with team’s budgetary and
administrative procedures and standards.
• Develop and maintain relationships with ACCORD Network and other international Christian aid organizations.
We are a Catholic ministry with an ecumenical staff of Catholic, Protestant and Eastern Orthodox believers working in unity to provide food, water, housing, education, orphan support, medical care, microenterprise and disaster relief — and the love of our Lord Jesus Christ — to the poorest of the poor in more than 30 countries around the world. We believe strongly in unifying Christians in this mission of mercy, and we believe that creating a welcoming work environment for all Christian faiths is essential to achieving our ministry goals.
Interested candidates are free to reach out to Mike Veitenhans directly at email@example.com or, through Mike’s LinkedIn account
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.