The Director of Advancement will:
• Learn, evaluate, and enhance Heaven’s Family’s fundraising strategy, programs, projects, and activities for current effectiveness and future potential.
• Lead all strategic and day-to-day fundraising tactics, including direct mail and email marketing, website, donor development, donor care, program packaging, major gifts, planned giving, etc.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual fundraising reports and analytics. Collaborate around findings and adaptation.
• Oversee and develop Heaven’s Family’s audience engagement through branding and messaging. This includes audience procurement and cultivation.
• Work closely with the International Development team to glean stories of impact to celebrate with current and new audiences.
• Lead and develop Advancement staff to meet goals.
• Manage relationships with printers, designers, and professional services.
• Collaborate with the Accounting Department to manage overall operational and financial responsibilities and activities.
• Contribute as a knowledgeable member of the management team.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned and needed.
The Director of Advancement will be an exceptionally talented and passionate leader with a calling to full-time ministry work and an evident commitment to personal godliness. They will be a fast learner and strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, yet detail-oriented, and excel in administration and operations.
They should demonstrate:
• A relationship with Jesus lived out through personal discipleship practices and multiplication.
They bring with them:
• A minimum of 5 years of nonprofit fundraising, donor development, and/or cause-related marketing. Advanced degree desired but not required.
• Experience in donor segmentation and cultivating an engaged audience through multiple donor strategies.
• Experience with donor management systems, ideally Salesforce.
• Previous paid or volunteer experience in missions or another type of ministry.
They are skilled with:
• An ability to lead strategically and relationally.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially storytelling.
• A good instinct for quality written, verbal, and visual content that will connect with targeted audiences.
• Technologically competent.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong managerial and team-building skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
• Able to work from home in the Punxsutawney area and regularly meet with other staff in various places until we get office space.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Ministry, Philanthropy, or related experience.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.