Director of Business Development and Operations – GWC
Who is the Global Water Center?
The Global Water Center, a collaborative initiative established by Water Mission, is a platform creating a movement of millions of individuals and scaling the impact of safe water implementers, corporate partners, foundations, and other nonprofits to end water poverty. Our ultimate goal is to bring the number of people affected by water poverty from 2,200,000,000 to 0. Working at the Global Water Center is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Director of Business Development and Operations will work in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) to develop and execute the Global Water Center’s (GWC) business models and strategic plans. The Director of Business Development and Operations will oversee the development and management of strategic projects, including initiating and managing the legal, regulatory, and operational filings and initiatives needed for effective operations. This position will proactively assess operational needs and develop policies, practices, and coordinating protocols for the GWC. Additionally, the Director of Business Development and Operations will oversee financial planning and reporting activities for the GWC. In conjunction with other GWC leaders, the Director of Business Development and Operations will provide critical senior staff counsel, nurture a high performing and positive team culture focused on open communication, and drive high levels of service internally and externally. The Director will lead the operations team to advance efficient systems and processes in the areas of programming, talent recruitment and staff development, technology solutions, finance, and support of GWC’s culture of stewardship and collaboration.
The GWC’s work environment is fast paced, dynamic, and flexible. Candidates should be comfortable working in a start-up environment balancing the need for flexibility on one hand and structure and procedures on the other. The Director will lead and work with senior staff and team members to research opportunities across relevant technical areas and develop strategies to contribute to the annual budget forecast cycle, represent the Global Water Center at external events and make presentations to peers, donors, and potential donors. In light of the rapidly changing context, the Director will also be expected to lead as well as contribute to the generation of new and innovative funding and implementation models for developing partnerships and donor-funded projects. Based out of Charleston, SC, this role reports to the Executive Director and requires domestic travel up to 30 days/night out of the year. A successful Director of Business Development and Operations will:
- Working with other members of the GWC team and consultants, develop and implement appropriate business models, strategic plans, and key projects
- Lead and develop special projects as directed by the Executive Director, including having an active role in overseeing the project to build and deploy the Mobile Discovery Center
- Provide planning and strategic oversight for GWC Resource Center initiatives
- Oversee daily operations of the organization and work collaboratively with other senior leadership to ensure goals are met through sound implementation of operations systems, infrastructure, policies, processes, and staffing
- Partner with leadership on budget management and development, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs
- Coordinate with financial accounting firm and operations and finance staff to produce accurate and timely financial statements
- Ensure timely payment of expenses and receipt of all revenue
- Ensure the cohesiveness of each department within the GWC and that departmental goals are aligning with the overarching GWC goals
- Update organizational tools for measuring progress and demonstrating impact on outcomes
- Lead efforts to recruit, train, promote, and retain diverse staff and volunteer positions
- Working in conjunction with Water Mission’s HR team, implement HR policies and procedures that advance the strategic needs of the organization
- In partnership with Executive Director, support a culture of philanthropy by implementing operational strategies that advance a robust and diverse fund development plan
- Determine technology needs required to achieve strategic operational and program objectives. Recommend appropriate changes and/or improvements
- Support successful integration and consistent utilization of Raiser’s Edge to ensure robust and effective data management
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Collaborate with Global Water Center leadership to advance business development strategy, and investments in new business and the budget planning cycle
- Represent the Global Water Center’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks
- Contribute to identifying emerging areas for the GWC to shape opportunities with partners and donors
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or relevant field; MS/MBA is a plus
- 15+ years of experience in business development and operations; non-profit experience is beneficial
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in a startup or building from the ground up, a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong understanding of the water sector landscape including the nonprofit and philanthropic sector
- Experienced manager of people, projects, and teams
- Experience creating organizational policies and procedures
- Strategic, empathetic, fast paced leader
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others
- Willingness to work cooperatively as part of a team, bringing a positive attitude and excellent professionalism and judgement
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and can deal positively with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability and willingness to travel 30+days/nights out of the year