Who is Global Water Center?
Global Water Center is a forward-thinking nonprofit organization based in Charleston, South Carolina. We exist to create an international movement of individuals and organizations that collaboratively eradicate water poverty for the more than 2 billion people who lack reliable access to safe and affordable drinking water services. The Global Water Center’s learning solutions program aims to build technical competence and professionalism in the WASH sector that is essential for establishing, maintaining, and scaling universal access to safe water. To accomplish this, we offer publishing and training as a service to WASH sector organizations that support safe, piped water services in low- and middle-income countries.
What is the opportunity?
The purpose of the Director of Global Learning Solutions (GLS) is to implement the Global Water Center’s learning solutions strategy and oversee the creation and deployment of all publishing and training activities. The Director will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the program’s business objectives, initiatives, and partnerships. This dynamic oversight role is crucial for the continued growth and impact of the organization. The first phase of the role will be dedicated to positioning the GLS program to move quickly into scaled production. Over time, this role will supervise a small team. The Director is also responsible for nurturing partnerships and scaling the business to accomplish strategic objectives through global training efforts. This role is based out of Charleston, SC, or remote and reports to the Resource Center Director. Travel includes two to three trips per year for up to two weeks each in the United States and internationally.
Global Water Center was founded on Biblical principles where the work environment is fast-paced, dynamic, and flexible. Candidates should be comfortable working in a start-up, faith-based environment balancing the need for flexibility, structure, and procedure.
Key responsibilities include:
* Model the Global Water Center’s core values of love, excellence, and integrity to colleagues, partners, prospects, vendors, and the public
* Represent the Global Learning Solutions brand to external audiences including potential funders, partners, subject matter experts, training partners, and training customers
* Oversee publishing and training services, including product development, training delivery, and administration
* Develop a leadership culture and team that is highly collaborative and positioned to serve and scale WASH sector organizations
* Lead growth strategies for the learning solutions program, including increasing the number of partnerships, course offerings, training customers, as well as geographical reach
* Ensure that all learning solutions business activities are coordinated, clearly communicated, and understood by Global Water Center staff and board members
* Manage relationships with partners/vendors
* Once a direct report(s) is established, perform supervisory duties such as setting goals, prioritizing projects, providing performance feedback, and conducting performance reviews
What is required?
* Alignment with the Global Water Center’s core values and a commitment to eradicating water poverty
* Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
* Minimum five of experience in education, training, publishing, or related field required; international WASH or humanitarian experience preferred
* Experience developing and managing budgets, financial projections, and staff development
* Project management experience with proven ability to meet milestones and deadlines
* Ability to work collaboratively and positively build colleagues and team
* Experience with donor and/or partnership development preferred
* Professional proficiency in multiple languages preferred
* Professional written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with others
* Ability to travel internationally 2-3 times per year, up to 2 weeks each
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship preferred
* Home internet bandwidth to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities
As a leader within the organization, the Director of GLS should maintain and inspire these qualities within their team:
* Results orientation: Shows drive and initiative, is organized and methodical, sets strong, achievable goals, and is motivated by continuous improvement
* Collaboration: Nurtures diverse perspectives, values action-oriented teamwork, is comfortable with both the intricacies and complexities of working in partnership, and has strong communication skills
* Developing others: Oriented around maximizing potential of others and puts people at the forefront of decisions
* Strategic awareness: Adopts an attitude of curiosity, respect, and humility; values listening and learning, and seeks opportunities to advance the GLS mission
* Innovation: Capable of creative problem solving, working with uncertainty, and is resilient to change
This senior-level, full-time role comes with compensation that reflects years of experience and benefits, which will be discussed in the interview process.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.