The Director of International Development will introduce international development expertise and practices into Heaven’s Family. This person will play an important role in refining and executing the vision, specifically through supporting disciple-making movements with development and relief practices.
Initially, this staff member will direct our programs for micro-loans, medical, orphan care, refugees, disaster relief, education, and persecuted Christians before expanding to our other programs. They will ensure we are achieving our goals and are successful in our mission and vision.
The Director of International Development will evaluate and improve current programs, build new programs, and grow and scale programs, along with leading and building a team to support the programs. Specific
• Learn and evaluate Heaven’s Family’s current strategy, programs, projects, and partners with regard to disciple multiplication, development, and relief.
• Collaborate closely with the Director of Disciple Multiplication to support disciple multiplication efforts through development and relief practices and projects.
• Collaborate with the Advancement Department in planning, organizing, executing, and evaluating fundraising strategies.
Work with the Accounting Department to manage overall operational and financial responsibilities and activities.
• Contribute as a knowledgeable member of the management team.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned and needed.
The Director of International Development will be an exceptionally talented and passionate leader with a calling to full-time ministry work and evident commitment to personal godliness. They will be a fast learner and strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, yet detail-oriented, and excel in administration and operations.
They should demonstrate:
• A relationship with Jesus lived out through personal discipleship practices and multiplication.
They bring with them:
• At least five (5) years of international development/ministry experience including work in a developing country.
• Experience with and a deep understanding of poverty and its roots along with experience in infrastructure and community transformation.
• Previous paid or volunteer experience in missions or another type of organization.
They are skilled with:
• An ability to lead strategically and relationally.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially storytelling.
• A good eye for visual storytelling. Proficiency in photography is preferable.
• Technologically competent.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong managerial and team-building skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, including in fragile contexts.
• Able to work from home in the Punxsutawney area and regularly meet with other staff in various places until we get office space.
• Master’s degree or higher in International Development (preferably from a Christian university or school) or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.