Director of MFI Support Services
Application deadline: August 03, 2020
The director of MFI support services is responsible for leading various strategic initiatives, product development, product management, and special projects on the microfinance team. This role leads a team that serves and supports the operations of the MFI network with a focus on team/capacity building, budgeting, report and analysis, product innovation, marketing, staff and client training, and strategic initiatives.
- Location: Lancaster, PA, United States
- Level: Management
- Type: Full-time
- Department: Operations
- Reports to: Senior Director of Microfinance
- Position supervises: MFI Associate, SME Product Manager, MFI Learning & Support Manager, MFI Marketing Manager, MFI Agriculture Finance Consultant
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Manage the support services team to serve HOPE manageed and HOPE partner MFIs.
- Lead the development and management of multiple product lines (e.g. small and medium enterprise, agricultural finance, housing/shelter finance, digital, etc.).
- Provide design support to field programs as needed for new product/initiative design.
- Coordinate the annual planning and budgeting process with the finance department.
- Liaise with multiple departments (MFI operations, finance, technical assistance) to ensure timely and accurate reporting and analysis of MFI global operations.
- Oversee MFI client and staff raining strategies to ensure effectiveness and scalability.
- Support MFI marketing strategy and marketing initiatives across the network.
- Champion the client experience and customer service in all MFI operations.
- Support the senior director of microfinance in setting strategy for the department and support MFI leaders in their strategic planning processes.
- Facilitate partnership strategy discussion and on-going relationship building, including new partnership development and expansion efforts.
- Provide critical project management support on key initiatives, including support of key digital transformation projects.
- Support the senior director of microfinance on special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Provide strong management of direct reports
- Encourage a team culture that fosters holistic staff development and growth.
- Maintain a climate that emphasizes Christian commitment; attracts, keeps, and motivates top quality staff, and promotes HOPE’s organizational culture.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, microfinance, international development, economics or related field.
- Over ten years of financial services experience, particularly in the areas of project management, product development, analysis, and general operations.
- Significant leadership and project management experience.
- Analysis and report writing experience.
- Self-motivated organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of multiple deadlines.
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with employees across the organization, locally and remotely, across cultures, and with external stakeholders.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally up to 75 days per year.
- International experience in the developing world and strong cross-cultural communication skills.
- Foreign language skills preferred.
Download the full job description here.
Apply to this job here.