World Vision is hiring a Technical Branding and Communications Director to serve within the Program, Quality, and Impact Division.
01 At a Glance
Role: Director, Technical Branding & Communications
Location: Washington, D.C; Federal Way, WA; Remote
Reports to: Vice President of Program, Quality and Impact
Required experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience (8 years). Master’s degree in Communications or technical sector (i.e., International Development or Public Health) preferred. In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in either a technical sector with responsibility for communications or in branding and communications. Work experience must include technical branding. Previous supervisory experience required.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. for any employer.
Travel: Up to 20% of the time both in development and fragile contexts.
02 The Job:
World Vision is looking for a Technical Branding & Communications Director to lead World Vision US’ technical branding awareness and perception efforts to strengthen and build overall brand. The Director will develop and execute the organization’s branding strategy to increase and protect the technical reputation of World Vision, using evidence of impact to significantly increase awareness and perception of World Vision’s technical brand for increased acquisition across market segments including public and private donors. The Director will lead development of fundraising documents for HNW/Campaign, Foundations, and DIOP/Custom multi-million dollar portfolios and help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. The individual should personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
03 Your Responsibilities Will Include:
1. Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
2. Develop annual donor insights for public sector market segment and create/adjust technical brand strategy accordingly. Provide direction and guidance to both internal and external technical brand stakeholders to implement strategy. Negotiate, network and influence as needed.
3. Implement targeted and cohesive plans to maximize World Vision’s technical brand efforts across a broad spectrum of channels to create an enabling environment that improves proposal/offer success rates while also providing donor-facing staff with a range of data points and evidence-based narratives that can be used to motivate donor giving behaviors from all funding streams.
4. Provide insightful analysis to assist the senior team in making strategic decisions on how to maximize brand opportunities and minimize brand risks.
5. Coordinate external engagement for the public sector market segment, including contributing to senior leader strategic involvement.
6. Lead communication support of IPG for acquisition of funds and management of projects.
7. Serve as technical brand subject matter expert for the Partnership, advising other WV entities on strategy and plans.
8. Provide intel and strategically influence private funding reporting processes and protocols to ensure best return on investment to inspire donors effectively by negotiating and liaising with TE.
9. Stay abreast of technological advancements and tools that impact the branding, marketing, and communications landscape.
10. Lead, manage, mentor and provide conflict resolution support to a team of communications professionals, including management of a writing team responsible for creating fundraising offers and reports for high net worth market segment (multi-million dollar portfolio).
• Hire, fire, train, counsel evaluate and recommend salary increases and promotions for those under direct supervision.
11. Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
13. Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
04 You Bring These Skills:
Strong emotional intelligence and relationship building skills critically needed for this position
Individual should have familiarity with technical branding and thought leadership with public donors, especially humanitarian and development branches of US Government (ie USAID) as well as Global Fund, and others
Should be highly competent in using external engagement, website, social media, and publications to build our brand
Should be highly competent in skills critical to overseeing the writing group
05 Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience (8 years). Master’s degree in Communications or technical sector (i.e., International Development or Public Health) preferred. In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in either a technical sector with responsibility for communications or in branding and communications. Work experience must include technical branding. Previous supervisory experience required.
06 Where This Job Could Take Your Career:
This is an exciting opportunity to help World Vision USA with the messaging of our programs. You will lead an exciting team of writers and content creators while working closely with the field and senior leadership. You’ll be part of World Vision USA as well as part of the larger World Vision International Partnership. Globally, we have over 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries (~1,000 staff with World Vision US).
07 About World Vision:
We’re a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to empower them as they reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over 70 years, World Vision has followed Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. We serve every child regardless of faith.
08 Salary Range & Benefits:
Your salary is important to you, so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started. We also have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package.
09 What happens next?
We review applications nearly every day assessing fit for the role. If questions arise on our end, we will message you to learn more. Please make sure to submit your resume as an attachment and cover letters are encouraged! Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview where the opportunity to connect with additional members of our staff lends itself to more of a 360-view of the role. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time. All interviews will be virtual at this time.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.