We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Water Mission is currently hiring two Executive Administrative Assistants to serve each of the following senior leadership team members:
* George Greene IV, Chief Executive Officer
* Jen McHugh, Executive Vice President of Partnerships and Communications
Below is a list of core position responsibilities. Throughout the interview process, Water Mission will discern which candidates are the best fit for each executive, and a more specific job description (if applicable) for each executive will be shared at that time.
Reporting directly to a ministry executive serving on our senior leadership team, the Executive Administrative Assistant performs critical administrative functions and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the executive he or she supports. This full-time role is based in Charleston, SC, and reports directly to an assigned ministry executive.
A successful Executive Administrative Assistant will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
* Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities.
* Provide superior administrative support, including but not limited to making travel arrangements, expense reporting, timesheets, processing invoices, and organizing and filing electronic and paper documents.
* Manage the calendar of the executive and help prepare for meetings; ensure the executive’s scheduling preferences are followed and respected.
* Proactively manage the executive’s schedule and email inbox help him or her appropriately prioritize their time and resources.
* Assist with preparing meeting agendas, accurately recording meeting notes, and tracking follow-ups on action steps, as needed.
* Keep executive well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow up appropriately.
* Provide professional and quality verbal and written communication on behalf of the executive with board members, ministry partners, staff, and the public via emails, phone calls, letters, and packaging and shipping materials.
* Keep the executive updated on relevant department or ministry topics or concerns.
* Open, sort, analyze, and distribute incoming emails and correspondence as appropriate.
* Update Raiser’s Edge records and transcribe notes for quality data tracking.
* Assist with research, opportunity proposal creation, and tours as needed.
* Assist with the planning of special events for prospects and ministry partners; responsibilities may include arranging venues, producing event timelines, managing event budgets, and assisting with other event needs (set-up, implementation, and tear-down).
* Maintain organized and up-to-date documentation for the executive’s key documents such as files, notes, department or organizational goals/metrics, and organizational charts.
* Provide project coordination for special projects, as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Alignment with the principles of servant leadership as embraced by Water Mission.
* 5+ years of experience in administrative support or donor relations required; 3+ years of experience supporting C-Level Executives preferred, ideally in a nonprofit organization.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
* Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
* 5+ years of experience utilizing comprehensive computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Keen attention to detail and organizational skills required.
* Keyboarding/typing proficiency required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a willingness to communicate via phone, video, email, or in-person.
* Proficiency in managing The Raiser’s Edge or other CRM/database preferred.
* Ability to thrive in a highly fluid environment and respond to changing requests.
* Ability to host all guests and high-level corporate personnel with hospitality and grace.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.