AOET/US – Operation One
Executive Director Job Posting
Operation One/AOET US is a Christ-centered organization that exists for the purpose of engaging
supporters and acquiring financial resources in order to provide education, training, health care,
economic development and spiritual development to vulnerable children and families in East Africa.
We are currently seeking an experienced, professional Executive Director to oversee all operations,
functions, and activities within our organization. The ideal candidate will have the skills and confidence needed to be the face of the organization, shouldering the responsibility of providing strategic direction, fundraising expertise and implementing a progressive vision for the future. We believe that an excellent Executive Director is one who can influence and inspire. Applicants should have strong communication & fundraising skills and take a holistic approach to organizational management/oversight of operations. Applicants should also have a desire to serve the poor and marginalized in Africa.
Executive Director Responsibilities
Strategically leverage professional network and relationships to garner new and expanded
● With Board coordination, conduct a strategic planning process for program expansion
● Executing and implementing the strategic plan to grow the organization.
● Build partnerships across the US, establishing relationships with organizations, individuals and
● Scale up revenue generation, fundraising, and funding partnerships to support existing and new
partnerships and resource their expansion.
Engagement with our strategically aligned partner organizations to ensure that Operation One/
AOET~USA activities and plans are consistent with their capacities and interests.
● Deepen and refine strategic communications
● Emphasis on web- and internet-based media
● Development of appropriate materials for external relations and the growing of funding
partnerships with the goal of creating a stronger brand
● Be an external presence that strategically communicates program needs and achievements
Targeted design and execution of a multi-faceted annual development program, including strategies for institutional, business, major donors and grassroots fundraising efforts that align with organizational
objectives and program activities.
Effective management of the operations of the organization to meet strategic and operational goals.
Executive Director Requirements and Qualifications
● Strong personal Christian faith.
● MS/MA in business administration or relevant field preferred.
● Proven experience as Executive Director or in other managerial positions.
● Significant experience in developing successful strategies and plans.
● Experiences working with a board of directors preferred.
● Proven success in fundraising and networking.
● Proven success working in an international non-profit.
● Ability to travel extensively to meet with international partners.
● Strong working knowledge of corporate finance and metrics of performance.
● In-depth knowledge of corporate management, governance principles, and managerial best
● Aptitude for analytical thinking, capable of creative solutions to solve problems thoroughly and
● Impeccable organizational skills and leadership abilities.
● Exceptional oral and written communication abilities and public speaking skills.
Location: Portland, OR
Status: Full-time, salaried, exempt
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Compensation: competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send resume, three professional references, and salary requirements to Oponesearch@gmail.com.
Application deadline: January 29, 2021
Operation One/AOET US is both an Equal Opportunity Employer and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental stauts, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of Operation One/AOET US as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.