A day in the life of the Facilities Manager in Chicago
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve to make an eternal impact.
Samaritans Purse has a new processing center in Aurora, Illinois that will support our Operation Christmas Child efforts. This role will help get that facility up and running and keep it running smoothly.
This position is responsible for the general management and maintenance of buildings and equipment in the processing center. Responsibilities include grounds keeping, housekeeping, cleaning, and general facility management and maintenance to Samaritan’s Purse quality standards. This hands-on role serves as the primary point-of-contact for all inquiries and requests related to inventory and access to the assigned ministry buildings.
Accounts for maintenance and upkeep of all property, buildings, furnishings, vehicles and equipment.
Oversees service contracts, maintenance, daily and monthly inspections, and testing of Life Safety Equipment, CRAC units, Emergency Generators/ATS’s, UPS units, and any other equipment that is mission critical with zero tolerance for down time.
Oversees day-to-day maintenance for all buildings and grounds including, but not limited to, electrical, building setup, security systems, kitchen equipment, panel systems, painting, and grounds care, including snow removal.
Oversees and tracks projects for sites under supervision. Coordinates a wide variety of building maintenance and operations activities, and establishes and maintains other departmental records and work order database
Determines whether to utilize internal or external property management services. Contacts vendors to secure bids for maintenance, repairs, or other services. Manages maintenance and facility-related vendors, securing competitive bids and monitoring quality of work.
Develops and implements a preventive maintenance schedule for all buildings and building systems. Reports any departure from preventive maintenance schedules to the Director of Facilities. Keeps up-to-date records for maintenance and preventive maintenance, and submits reports and logs on a weekly basis or as otherwise directed.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General knowledge of inventory management
General knowledge of safety guidelines and standards
General knowledge of vendor management
Ability to be “hands on” with all building maintenance
Bachelors degree (B.A.) and five (5) to seven (7) years facilities or building management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Location: Aurora, IL
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Long term and short term disability insurance
Term Life insurance
401(k) retirement savings plan
Ten paid holidays
Twelve or more days of vacation depending on years of service
Ten sick days
Samaritans Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritans Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritans Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.