To be considered for this position, the submission of the application and all supplemental documents (CV/resume, cover letter, and other attachments) are required in English. Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required for this position.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Working under the supervision of the Regional Controller-Americas and in coordination with the Country Director and the Regional Director. The Finance Manager is responsible for performing accounting functions and supervising the finance and procurement team within the country program, following established standards and procedures. This position requires a person to live near Progreso (or possibly San Pedro Sula), where the Water Mission Honduras (WMH) office is located.
A successful Finance Manager will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
* Ensure that payroll is accurately processed, ensure that timesheets are accurate, and submit appropriate payroll taxes to the government, working under the review of the Global Payroll Manager in the US headquarters.
* Provide direction, guidance, coaching, and leadership to the Finance, Procurement, and other staff.
* Process and pay invoices and oversee petty cash in accordance with established procedures
* Maintain accurate accounting records in NetSuite and reconcile bank and cash counts.
* Review financial data and prepare monthly/partners’ required reports.
* Assist in standardizing, implementing, and enforcing accounting and procurement policies and procedures, including internal controls and other initiatives, addressing performance, compliance, and financial risk issues.
* Analyze cash position, budget variances, and fund balances to initiate monthly funding requests.
* Collaborate and develop good working relationships with the regional staff, WMH program staff, and US headquarters accounting and procurement staff.
* Maintain knowledge of the organization’s projects and activities.
Assist with the annual financial planning and budgeting process for the country program, following the direction of the management.
Support audit-related activities and communications or initiatives with government entities.
Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
Impeccable level of integrity in handling funds in an accountable and transparent manner.
Fluent in written and spoken English.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
A CPA professional license certification.
A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a similar field preferred.
At least two years of experience managing a team.
At least five (5) years of experience in financial and grants management in an INGO preferred.
In-depth experience in all accounting and financial management areas with strong technical knowledge of international reporting standards, local financial reporting standards, and statutory compliances.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including articulating ideas and feedback constructively.
Advanced skills with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint) and familiarity with financial and accounting information systems.
Knowledge to lead, mentor, and manage a team with an ability to assess priorities and manage activities with attention to detail.
Understanding the principles of adequate documentation and audit and the procedures necessary to audit compliance.
Excellent analytical skills.
Excellent relationship and conflict resolution skills.
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
Legal authorization to work in Honduras without sponsorship.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.