The Full Stack Developer supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope by assisting the Digital Product Team in designing, developing, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Convoy of Hope’s marketing websites, web applications, and APIs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Builds dynamic, scalable web applications, websites, and APIs used by donors, volunteers, partners, and internal Convoy of
Hope team members.
2. Displays strong customer service skills and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Pays close attention to detail, and can multi-task with speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
4. Exhibits confidence and an outgoing personality, with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
5. Writes tests (unit/integration/E2E) to improve code coverage.
6. Creates documentation to provide clarity and consistency on implementation.
7. Collaborates with the Digital Product Team on technical solutions, evaluating the trade-offs of any technology decisions.
8. Helps plan the vision of the Digital Product Team — from architecture and design patterns to tooling and tech stack selection.
9. Translates abstract digital product concepts to nontechnical stakeholders.
10. Assists with other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. One of the following is preferred.
a. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
b. Education through a rigorous engineering bootcamp
c. Demonstration of exemplary self-study in web technologies
3. Three or more years of web development experience using a variety of front-end and back-end languages is required.
4. Has strong experience building custom user interfaces and modern, responsive front ends by writing clean and portable code.
5. Has strong experience building secure and scalable REST APIs.
7. Possesses experience with modern git development and deployment workflows.
8. Demonstrates the ability to be coachable, engaged, and willing to learn new technologies or languages as organizational
needs change and our tech stack evolves.
9. Possesses proficiency in PC/Mac software programs.
10. Displays strong organization skills, pays close attention to detail, and can concentrate in a fast-paced environment.
11. Successfully multi-tasks, efficiently and accurately completing each project within time deadlines.
12. Positively represents the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside
13. Serves as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden, and develop financial and other resource opportunities to
support and expand organizational and program ministry.
14. As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that team members embrace the organization’s religious
purposes for which it exists and not only agree with its Statement of Faith but demonstrate it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.