The Global Agriculture Specialist supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope (COH) by collaborating in the development and execution of the agriculture field strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and deliver International Food and Agriculture programming standards through curriculum, training and evidence-based best practices in alignment with Convoy of Hope Global Program initiatives.
2. Continuously research regional and local trends in agriculture and food security to ensure optimization of Agricultural initiatives based on changing priorities in our program countries.
3. Design, implement, monitor and evaluate agricultural initiatives.
4. Facilitate field staff coaching specific to AG programming standards in order to improve program effectiveness and achieve desired project outcomes.
5. Travel to assess, train and/or implement program initiatives in the field as approved.
6. Advise on the development and delivery of appropriate training for students, field staff, partners, and volunteers through coaching calls.
7. Research and develop innovative strategies necessary for expansion of Agricultural outputs.
8. Advise on the development of new opportunities for COH through partnerships, universities, governments, and the private sectors.
9. Collaborate with GP Specialists to develop programming standards and initiative integration.
10. Collaborate with M&E to develop Agriculture data collection methods.
11. Provide mentorship in research activities including peer-reviewed publication.
12. Advocate on behalf of COH through external representation, networking with appropriate organizations and collaborating with partners with approval.
13. All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Master’s degree required in discipline relevant to position including International Agricultural development, Agriculture Education or relative fields. Dual masters, Earned Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to plan, design, and organize effective programming for diverse populations.
3. International travel experience required; international work experience preferred.
4. Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
5. Cultural understanding and respect required.
6. Demonstrated leadership and organizational and project management skills; effective project management skills required.
7. 5+ years of International work experience including working or living in a developing country, preferred.
8. Proficiency in a secondary primary language preferred.
9. Advanced computer knowledge and experience on software platforms required.
10. Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
11. Competent in writing technical resources and manuals and developing tools to build capacity of field staff as needed.
12. Ability to design and facilitate training in person and online for learning across cultures and subjects.
13. Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden and develop financial and other resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and program ministry.
14. Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside constituencies.
15. As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff member embraces the organization’s religious purposes for which it exists and not only agrees with its Statement of Faith but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
This position works in collaboration with other Specialists at HQ and in our program countries but will not have supervisory responsibilities.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.