Job Type: Full-time
Career Stage: Professional (10+ years experience)
Department: Finance and Accounting
Reports to: Director, Finance and Accounting
Pay Range (national): 50,000 – 75,000 USD.
Final offer will be adjusted based on market rate criteria of your specific years experience, skillset qualifications, and geographic location.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, EAP, 401K, Accident, Hospital indemnity, Term Life, Short term disability. See full details below.
Plant with Purpose is a global Christian organization that addresses issues of deforestation and climate change, while empowering people to lift their communities out of rural poverty. For more than 30 years, Plant With Purpose has been a leader in operating at the nexus of Environmental Restoration, Economic Development, and Spiritual Impact. We believe that we honor God when we honor people and our planet. Come join our growing team and make a difference at this critical time in human history.
We are looking for someone to provide financial oversight to our global partners, give financial management support to our grants team, and help us strengthen the operational systems of our global partners. You will do this by providing budget support and oversight, helping with financial audits, reviewing donor agreements, being the contact for relevant audits, and helping implement capacity building activities. In doing so, you will help us double our reach to nearly 900,000 people globally by 2025.
○ Provide support in the preparation, monitoring and controlling of budgets. ○ Perform review of financial reports and records submitted by global partners on a quarterly basis
○ Provide feedback on any areas of accomplishment or concern and give recommendations relating to the respective global partners’ financial management and accounting system, internal controls, implementation of audit and risk management action plans or PWP common operating standards (COS). ○ With the International Programs, ensure the conduct of annual independent financial audits of global partners, review Auditors’ Reports, and provide technical support on key areas for internal control system improvements.
○ Provide support in the preparation of project budget proposals for submission to funding partners;
○ Review provisions of grant/donor agreements and work with the DFA and International Programs team in setting up appropriate finance/accounting systems to ensure proper management of the grant/project funds and meet contract obligations.
○ Review documentation, the charging of actual expenditures vis-à-vis approved project budget of global partners to ensure compliance with donor documentation and reporting requirements.
○ Help prepare financial reports, including budget analytical review (or budget vs. actual expenditure reports) for submission to concerned funding partners and highlight any main areas of concern and provide advice/ recommendations on necessary budget revisions and reallocations and project timeline extension.
○ Be the point of contact (POC) of the project/donor Auditors during the conduct of the audit, attend to audit requirements and any issues/concerns raised, and provide needed support, in collaboration with the Project Manager – Grants Systems, the International Programs and the global partners.
○ Provide inputs to the Systems Strengthening Initiative (SSI) working team on identified areas for enhancement of operational systems of our global partners and areas for further development of the global partners’ capacity to ensure efficient program operations and provision of necessary support services.
○ Help implement planned systems strengthening and capacity building activities for our global partners.
WHAT WE’LL LOVE ABOUT YOU
TEAM MEMBER COMPETENCIES
We are a collaborative, interdependent team that relies on relating and supporting each other to achieve our goals. Through the way we live within and shape our culture, we try to build community and a sense of belonging in our local, national, and global families. We are excited by people who bring diverse perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and lived experiences to the work we do. Diversity helps make our system-improvement efforts more informed.
We collectively expect that all Plant With Purpose team members will embody and embrace the below “essential human” competencies and attributes:
Approximately July, 1, 2023
May 25, 2023
All interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom.
If this sounds like you, please apply on our website here. Please include a Cover Letter with your application that shows us how you are a great fit for this position, the organization, and our culture.
Plant With Purpose is an EEO/AA employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment for all employees.
If you have any questions regarding this position, or need reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application, please email the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.