Head of People Development
Position: Head of People Development
Location: Office in Bentonville, AR preferred; remote candidates will be considered
Status: Full time, Exempt
Reports to: COO
As a Christ-centered organization, Lifewater International seeks to be the hands and feet of Jesus through who we are, how we work and how we serve others. The People Development role at Lifewater is responsible for providing strategic direction, guidance, and coordination of Lifewater’s efforts to integrate and provide resources and support for employees’ personal and professional development. The Head of People Development identifies resources and facilitates staff training, coaching and other development opportunities for global staff.
Training and Development
- Oversees development of necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks and standardized reports
- Works with leadership to establish a training system that addresses company training needs and required training.
- Promotes and develops ongoing initiatives that are relevant to employee development.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert in the development and facilitation of training programs globally.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert in the development of training programs.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to safeguard Lifewater’s commitment to Christ-centeredness and Gospel proclamation in our approach to training and development.
- Oversees Human Resources programs and procedures. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees and manages the work of HR staff. Serves as a resource for HR managers globally.
- Ensure consistency across HR functions, with sensitivity to cross-cultural differences.
- Supports efforts toward the accomplishment of organizational strategic goals.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
- Develops and maintains a culture of Christ-centeredness among staff in the U.S and for each program that Lifewater operates in.
- Plans and implements reflective, soul care and spiritual formation initiatives through worship opportunities, devotionals, small group forums, training, and retreats. Collaborates with others across the organization to promote holistic spiritual well-being.
- Adherence to Lifewater’s statement of faith
- Passion for Lifewater’s mission of serving vulnerable communicates and children
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Leadership, Communication, or a related field
- 5-10 years of progressive leadership and supervisory experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a Human Resources management or leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to research, plan, and implement leadership development practices and programs
- Experienced leader with proven ability to select, lead, motivate, and develop employees at all levels
- Experience effectively working cross-departmentally with multiple groups of people
- High level of both written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to proactively coach employees
- Emotionally mature, personal integrity, strong character and ethics
- Ability to travel internationally and/or domestically 2-3 times per year
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship will be provided
- PHR or SHRM-SCP certification
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Leadership, Communications, or related field
- Leadership experience through either a church, Christian ministry, or Christian nonprofit
- Familiarity with project management software, such as Asana