Human Resources Manager
Position Title: Human Resources Manager (HRM)
Reports to: Country Director
Direct Reporting Positions: Store & Admin Assistant
Position Location: Shinyanga, Tanzania (with regular travel to the project areas)
Lifewater is a Christian water development organization dedicated to effectively serving vulnerable children and families by partnering with underserved communities to overcome water poverty. Motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ, we serve the least and last as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people. Lifewater serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) responsible for supporting the recruitment, retention, and development of Lifewater International staff in Tanzania . The HRM will ensure implementation of the Lifewater International Human Resources Manual and undertake the HR Analysis and Compensation as per LI policies and procedures, in line with the Tanzanian labor laws. The HRM will work alongside Country Leadership in the development of their staff through professional development plans and activities.
The Human Resources Manager will perform the following functions:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the development of custom Lifewater HR data metrics reports required by the field teams and country office team.
- Ensure HR policy and procedures are implemented by the Program Offices. This will include periodic visits with Country leadership to the program locations to get staff views on their areas of capacity enhancement.
- Maintain systems and processes for recruitment, orientation and induction, compensation and benefit management, performance management and staff development.
- In consultation with the Country Director, ensure that Lifewater remain in compliance with all local and national labor laws.
- Respond to administration related queries on insurance enrolment for employees.
- Prepare HR payroll information with all documentation submitted accurately and in line with payroll deadlines on a monthly basis.
- Monthly Contract Management monitoring
- Onboarding of new staff on all P&C documentations
- Exit Management for terminated staff
- Support on OSHA activities coordination
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents and correspondences, i.e. subject files and Personal files and ensure all documents are properly filled
- Support the Country Director to ensure that pension and provident deductions are deposited monthly to relevant government revenue offices and individual staff accounts, respectively
- With support from the Country Director, establish a complete data base system across the country offices using to effectively manage the staffing updates to be used by the Program and Country Offices for all occasions and especially for emergency scenarios.
- Facilitate and Coordinate all staff in signing various form and ensure proper documentation, i.e. Child protection forms, self-disclosure, etc. on annual basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in a Human Resources and Administration position, 2 years of which should be in an INGO setting.
- Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Be a team player who is able to serve staff of all levels and positions.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote program locations.
- Sound knowledge of human resources principles and practices and the Tanzania Labor Laws.
- Have a high degree of integrity and ethics to ensure employee information is secure and well protected.
- Excellent communication skills and work well both independently or as members of a team.
- Must be able to support Lifewater’s mission, vision, and core values; able to cope with cross-cultural and denominational diversities.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting.
- Well organized and efficient in time management whenever there is task pressure.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relations at all levels both within and outside the team.
- Punctual, honest, dependable, servant leader, trustworthy, encourager, peacekeeper, multi-tasker, and self-starter.
- Zero tolerance of corruption (all forms of interest conflicts, bribes, fraud, all kinds of corruptions, etc. are not acceptable).