This position provides oversight and leadership to assigned projects related to Humanitarian Intervention & Stabilization. This role is responsible for managing humanitarian relief projects, maintaining open communication with pertinent COH departments, researching global humanitarian crises, and assisting with the development and teaching of preparedness and resiliency trainings. This position serves an alternate role during rapid responses and is overall deployable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage humanitarian projects globally, including operational planning, partner communication, monitoring & evaluation, writing proposals for funding, and completing reports on time.
– Maintain and grow healthy relationships with humanitarian project implementation and funding partners. Pursue potential new partnerships that will foster an environment of mutual benefit within the humanitarian context.
– Track and ensure that project funds (oftentimes, large sums of money) are spent with integrity and meet their intended purpose.
– Help to increase visibility of all Humanitarian Interventions & Stabilization projects. This includes: meeting with and presenting to current and potential donors, helping to inform necessary departments within the organization of key updates and opportunities, being a part of long-term planning and building of overall capacity, etc.
– Work to provide information and field stories to pertinent internal departments (i.e. Communications, Development, etc.) to aid in ‘telling the story’ of humanitarian interventions.
– Assist in conducting IDS trainings with stakeholders and partners, as requested. This includes: updating and refining curriculum for various cultural settings. Training could be both in-person and virtual trainings and regarding preparedness, mitigation, deployment, response best practices, resiliency, church engagement, advocacy, etc.
– Support D.O.C. operations as needed during active disaster responses.
– Deploy as part of the response team to provide support for operations on the field, as requested.
– Maintain a working knowledge of global current affairs.
– As a member of the Disaster Services team, support other programs as assigned.
– All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent required.
– Compassion ministry or international humanitarian experience required.
– Experience working/living in international contexts preferred.
– 2+ years experience in administrative or project management roles preferred.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in creating, editing, and proofreading content conveying the program work of COH within the organization, and to partners and our target audience.
– Foreign language(s) preferred.
– Basic First Aid and CPR certification.
– Project management experience with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
– Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
– Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain tact in difficult situations.
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills, quickly building rapport over the phone, or in person.
– Ability to use a PC/Mac, software programs and web-based systems, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Business, and Salesforce.
– Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden and develop financial and other resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and program ministry.
– Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside constituencies.
– As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff member embraces the organization’s religious purposes for which it exists and not only agrees with its Statement of Faith but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct reports.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.