The International Human Resources (HR) Manager will lead the strategic development and implementation of all HR programs and services across nine (9) international country programs with over 350 staff members outside the US. This person will have the opportunity to select and lead a team of field HR staff to support the execution of global HR programs, training, and services. In partnership with country program leadership and HR field staff, the International HR Manager will manage all aspects of international HR including employee relations, development and implementation of policies and procedures, recruiting and staffing support, country specific handbooks, and training initiatives. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing sustainable HR business strategies and managing the effective execution of those strategies. This full-time position is based in Charleston, SC, and reports to the Director of Human Resources. A successful International HR Manager will:
– Provide guidance to field staff on international HR related matters including hiring, on-boarding, separation/termination, performance evaluations, recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and organizational policy for all international Water Mission country programs
– Develop a global standard for core HR processes (interviewing, on-boarding, off-boarding, performance management, compensation reviews) and then deploy and manage compliance
– Develop a sustainable strategy for the delivery of Water Mission’s leadership development program and manage execution within each country programs
– Select and directly manage up to three (3) globally dispersed HR field staff
– Work with field HR and accounting staff to ensure proper administration of benefits, statutory requirements, payroll data, and ensure compliance with global employee data integrity standards
– Work with country programs to customize the Water Mission Global Employee Handbook with local laws and manage roll-out
Conduct annual compensation and benefit reviews and make recommendations for improvements
What is required?
– Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
– 5 to 7 years of experience as an HR generalist; two or more (2+) years of experience in international HR management preferred
– Effective manager with at least three (3) years of experience leading professional staff
– Bachelor’s degree; HR Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or field relevant to HR
– SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification a plus
– Project management experience involving concept development, implementation, and measurement
– Demonstrated competence in employee benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, and human resource practices and related
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2020 Accord Network. All rights reserved.