This is a part-time position, working 28 hours per week, reporting to Bright Hope’s CEO.
The International Marketing and Communications Associate is key to managing the story and information flow between Bright Hope’s field programs and our allies. The role collaborates with BH’s international team to capture, gather, and create marketing and communications content for both digital and print platforms. It works out of Bright Hope’s Hoffman Estates, IL headquarters with some ability to work remotely.
The ideal candidate has an active, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, passion to end global poverty, 3+ years of marketing or communications experience in the nonprofit sector, with strong project coordination, photography and videography skills, social media experience, and prior experience traveling or working in areas of extreme poverty. This person is self-motivated, adaptive, takes initiative, is detail oriented, and works well with limited supervision.
• Travels on occasion to Bright Hope field locations (Bolivia, Haiti, Kenya, Uganda, Zambia) to capture marketing content, including stories, photos, and videos; Mentors field staff on best practices for capturing relevant content
• Manages communication flow of marketing content (stories, photos, and videos) between the US office and international offices
• Tracks story inventory and ensures quality content is available for publishing
• Coordinates marketing plans and outcomes with international field staff
• Partners with the marketing team to write stories and other content for Bright Hope’s blog, quarterly newsletter, website, social media, and other marketing campaigns and materials
• Manages Bright Hope’s prayer wall and prayer texts
Building Awareness and Engagement
• Gathers video content from international field staff and oversees video creation to produce videos that educate and build awareness about poverty-related issues
• Collaborates with marketing team to write video scripts, and films and edits content
• Manages program specific Facebook community to create awareness and build engagement
Social Media management
• Develops innovative and creative written content across social media platforms that accurately portrays in-country projects to engage and connect allies to Bright Hope’s transformative programs
• Creates and manages the social media content calendar; schedules outgoing social media content
• Ensures a cohesive social media identity and online presence
• Listens and responds to the members of our social communities on a daily basis
• Tracks social media trends
• Gathers and analyzes social media metrics and tailors strategy based on this analysis, and delivers monthly reports to track results
• Creates and leads and may write awareness campaigns, downloadable activities, and public relations kits that invite allies into a first time partnership with Bright Hope or into deeper engagement with the ministry
• Provides content and direction for and may design landing pages or website banners, writes and publishes social media posts, and tracks engagement
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, international development, or other relevant field
• 3+ years in years of marketing or communications experience in the nonprofit sector
• Photography and videography experience (and knowledge of applicable editing software)
• Experience with marketing campaigns; managing social media platforms; engaging allies; working with text and photo editing for marketing and communications materials.
• Proficiency in WordPress, Pardot, Pics.io, Hootsuite preferred
• Search Engine Optimization proficiency a plus
• Experience in developing nations and availability to travel to areas of extreme poverty and engage in holistic community development through the local Christian church. The role travels internationally 1-3 times per year, with trips ranging from 4-10 days each.
Demonstrated Competencies Personal Traits
• Storytelling – Self-motivated
• Written and verbal communication – Adaptive
• Fluency in English language – Works autonomously with limited direction
• Project coordination
• Social media management
• Detail orientation
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Special Position Requirements
• Maintains an active, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, models the Evangelical Christian faith, and affirms Bright Hope’s Belief Statement described at www.brighthope.org
• Incorporates faith in Christ into daily work and planning
• Passion for helping the extreme poor around the world
Email resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and portfolio of writing, videography, photography, and/or social media samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2020 Accord Network. All rights reserved.