The International Programs Operations Coordinator will play a crucial role in supporting effective execution of World Relief’s programs internationally. She/he will work in collaboration with other leaders to promote consistent application of the organizations operating procedures in World Relief Country Offices and among members of the virtual home office team. Central to these efforts will be playing a leadership role in the execution of the organization’s multi-year operating standards improvement plans based on the Core Humanitarian Standard. Further, she/he will play an essential role encouraging coordination of activities between various operational, technical and line management functions within the international programs division in order to encourage efficiency and effectiveness.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Promote operational excellence throughout World Relief’s international offices and home office programs team by:
* Working Closely with Unit Directors to ensure consistent, high quality operations aligned with the organization’s internal and external commitments are promoted in all country offices.
* Through matrix (dotted line) supervision of Program Officers ensure coordination of their join and division wide activities and consistency in representation and delivery of services to all field officers. With specific focus on ensuring consistency in:
Annual planning and budgeting procedures
Quarterly and annual reporting and financial tracking
Coordinated roll-out of division wide initiatives
Coordinating with and meeting the needs of other teams and departments
* Encouraging consistent improvement of operational practices through the development of new tools, policies, operating procedures and other measures intended to ensure consistent standards are applied throughout international offices.
* In close collaboration with other stakeholders monitor these and existing procedures, policies and practices to ensure they are being applied
Provide leadership to World Relief’s multi-year Core Humanitarian Standards improvement plan.
* Move the organization towards fulfillment of the CHS Improvement Plan and work with senior leadership to organize the CHS Certification audit. Provide continual support to World Relief through the Certification process to ensure WR applies the 9 commitments of the CHS in its policies, systems, and practices.
* Lead teams of stakeholders from other departments or teams to ensure the collaborative delivery of specific elements of the plan – especially as it relates to the initiation of new procedure or practices. Convene project stakeholders and sub-team leads on a monthly basis to review the plan, prioritize action steps and track progress on key deliverables.
* Produce quarterly reports to the international programs leadership team and executive committee related to progress.
* Travel to country offices (as is needed and appropriate) to monitor and support implementation of CHS improvement plan.
* Serve as point of contact and liaison between World Relief and the CHS Alliance; cultivate a relationship with CHS via participation in CHS Alliance Verification Community of Practice
Promote collaboration and consistency of operations throughout the international programs division by:
* Chairing the international programs team’s bi-weekly coordination meeting and sharing deliverables and action items from that meeting
* Representing the international programs team at the monthly enterprise level operations committee meeting
* Serving as a key liaison and communications focal point for international programs to various administrative functions within the organization (Finance, IT, HR).
* Supervise the Finance Support Officer who supports the division staff members in various finance related tasks and reporting requirements.
* Maintain sharepoint sites related to key domain or responsibility in line with best practices in knowledge management so that information is accessible to stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Comprehensive knowledge of the best practices and operations within an international NGO gained through prior experience working in an INGO.
Familiarity with CHS, Red Cross, SPHERE or other standards and their applicability in the international setting
Ability to manage self and others
Ability to make decisions confidently on behalf of the organization within area of domain.
Leadership and influence skills to lead time bound, cross functional teams of non-direct reports.
Good organizational skills and the ability to help others organize themselves.
Ability to community clearly with internal and external stakeholder and promote clear communication among stakeholders they interact with.
Ability think critically and suggest plans to meet strategic objectives.
Knowledge of Microsoft share point
Mature and personal Christian faith
Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field.
5+ years of experience in the field of international relief or development, preferably with experience in both headquarters and international office settings.
Prior experience developing policies, procedures and internal operating tools for others to use.
A deep passion and love for the promotion of effective operational procedures
Certification through Project Management for Development Professionals or willingness to obtain certification in PMD Pro within 3 month of employment (at the expense of Word Relief).
Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time, once international travel is safe and advisable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
General office setting.
Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2021 Accord Network. All rights reserved.