Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The IT Administrative Programs Specialist position exists to provide administrative assistance to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and support the administration of global Information Technology (IT) programs through project coordination, administrative management of personnel, logistics, purchasing, budgeting, and forecasting, service relations, team building, travel management, reports collation, intranet administration, devotions and representing the CIO as required.
A successful IT Administrative Programs Specialist will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
* Provide general administrative support, including making travel arrangements, expense reporting, and organizing and filing electronic and paper documents.
* Manage the daily calendar of the CIO and help prepare for meetings.
* Assist with preparing meeting agendas, accurately recording meeting notes, and tracking follow-ups on action steps, as needed
* Assist with forecasting income, expenses, and assets.
* Provide administrative and project tracking support to the CIO and IT staff as needed.
* Provide professional and quality communication with internal senior leadership and staff, and external vendors and service providers, including email correspondence, and packaging and shipping materials.
* Prepare documents, reports, and letters for the CIO and IT staff.
* Develop and review IT end-user support procedures.
* Update IT Intranet content.
* Assist with developing IT presentations and documentation.
* Provide tasks coordination and project management for IT initiated end-user maintenance initiatives.
* Develop, maintain, provide, and facilitate IT-related training to Water Mission staff, such as New Hire IT systems training and Security Awareness.
* Plan and coordinate all IT-related activities and events; responsibilities may include arranging venues, producing event timelines, managing event budgets, and assisting with other event needs (set-up, implementation, and tear-down).
* Manage training needs and schedules for the IT division.
* Provide IT fulfillment services such as the purchase of client technology, e.g., cell phones, supported desktop hardware, and software.
* Serve as a key liaison between the CIO and:
* Other division heads within Water Mission.
* As HR liaison for the IT division.
* Third-party service providers.
* Manage and maintain staff onboarding, offboarding, and role change processes including contractors, interns, and volunteers.
* Provide A/V support for Daily Huddle and special Water Mission events or meetings as requested.
* Maintain IT hardware inventory and software licensing for Water Mission globally.
* Coordinate and action all CIO approved purchases in accordance with all Water Mission policies and procedures.
* Perform other relevant duties as assigned by CIO.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Personal conviction in alignment with Water Mission’s statement of faith and lifestyle, demonstrating core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
* 2+ years experience in administrative support.
* Alignment with the principles of servant leadership as embraced within Water Mission.
* Comprehensive computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Strong oral and written communications skills across all levels of management.
* Proficient in the use of desktop software, collaboration tools, and social media.
* Experienced with desktop publishing and graphical design preferred.
* Fast and accurate typing and note-taking skills
* Strong organizational skills for tasks, events, documents, and meetings.
* Highly self-motivated.
* Expeditious in completing tasks.
* Driven to achieving excellence.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities, required
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.