Who is the Global Water Center?
The Global Water Center, a collaborative initiative established by Water Mission, is a platform creating a movement of millions of individuals and scaling the impact of safe water implementers, corporate partners, foundations, and other nonprofits to end water poverty. Our ultimate goal is to bring the number of people affected by water poverty from 2,200,000,000 to 0. Working at the Global Water Center is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about What We Believe, our Statement of Faith, and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Under the direction of the Traveling Exhibits Manager, the Lead AV/IT Technician will oversee the technical needs of the Mobile Discovery Center (MDC). This person will travel full-time with the MDC and provide on-site AV and IT management and maintenance for the exhibits and dome theatre. The Lead AV/IT Technician will assist in the set-up, operation, and tear down of the exhibits and dome in each city and will be responsible for installing, updating, and maintaining all audio visual, software, and hardware components in the MDC. This role will also interact with temporary workers, volunteers, and outside consultants to properly administer and maintain all assets. In addition, this individual will interact with visitors and guests who are touring the MDC, be an MDC ambassador, and facilitate sale of merchandise and memberships. This individual must ensure that the mission and vision of the Global Water Center is shared with all participants. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and decision-making skills and be able to hit the ground running. The Lead AV/IT Technician must have AV installation experience with a good working knowledge of computers. cabling, projectors, networks, Wi-Fi, and AV installations from 1st fix through to completion.
The Lead AV/IT Technician is a member of a team that travels with the MDC throughout the US and needs to be comfortable working and potentially lodging with other team members. Since these positions require full-time travel, lodging and transportation expenses will be covered by the Global Water Center. A successful Lead AV/IT Technician will:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the general public
- Ability to install and commission complex AV systems served by an on-site network
- Experience with site surveys and pre-evaluation of potential exhibit locations
- Experience with flat panel displays, speakers, video conferencing, projectors, control systems, etc.
- Basic IT knowledge to maintain on-site server, check logs, install hardware and software upgrades and updates either alone or in conjunction with third party consultants
- Some project management experience and ability to promote positive morale
- Comprehension of wiring schematics and architectural drawings and the ability to setup cabling, speaker and projector systems based on the schematics and drawings
- Experience with or basic understanding of test equipment
- Perform cable pull paths, diagnosis structural/room interior for efficient and optimum installations and terminate audio and video cables
- Maintain professional work appearance and outstanding customer interaction
- Lift, transport, install, de-install and wire speakers, projectors, displays, TV’s and other AV components of the MDC with no or minimal assistance
- Has learned proper use of hand tools of the A/V industry. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, wire strippers and crimpers for varying types of wire and cable, soldering tools/techniques, standard plugs and connectors, plus the ability to create custom wiring harnesses for projectors and speakers
- Manage product test support of new designs used for testing, write technical documentation and SOP’s along with constantly and consistently improving exhibit processes and procedures
- Perform quality control testing, including debugging code and git defect tracking and reporting
- Communicate procedures to stakeholders and answer questions in order to ease apprehension and produce comfort and cooperation
- Design, upgrade, and maintain the pickup scheduling /tracking /processing /inventory management database
What is required?
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity
- 3+ years of experience in installing AV systems or relevant college degree with part-time AV experience
- Experience working in various sectors and liaising with stakeholders and vendors will be an advantage
- Ability to work as part of team as well as autonomously
- Able to responsibly deliver jobs and represent the company to the highest of standards with great professionalism and attention to detail
- Proficient with the basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to work from detailed CAD plans and schematics
- Available and willing to work away from home year-round at various locations throughout the US is a key part to this role
- Available and willing to travel with the Mobile Discovery Center on a multi-year tour starting with the tour dates and schedule (including working between public sessions) as published on the events calendar of globalwatercenter.org
- Ability to operate forklift and scissor lift (can be trained after hire)
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), work on ladders, and work within varied conditions
- Good communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience conducting data and telecom networks installation and integration
- Ability to conduct job specific document creation and management reporting
- Experience with technical support services including fault investigation and maintenance of installed systems
- Experience and/or qualifications with electrical and network installations
- Ability to conduct network testing and commissioning
- Valid driver’s license required
- Satisfactorily clean driving record and ability to maintain a clean driving record. Must be willing to have their driving record checked periodically, as necessary.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 100 percent of the time (outlined below). This requires being able to sit in a car for long periods of time, as well as a willingness to stay in hotels or campers and share a room/living situation with another traveling companion.
- Ability and willingness to drive a large vehicle with a trailer or camper van attached if required
- Currently the Mobile Discovery Center will be touring domestically. International travel may be required dependent upon future touring dates and opportunities