Who is Global Water Center?
Global Water Center is a forward-thinking nonprofit organization based in Charleston, South Carolina. We exist to create an international movement of individuals and organizations that collaboratively eradicate water poverty for the more than 2 billion people who lack reliable access to safe and affordable drinking water services. The Global Water Center (GWC)’s learning solutions program aims to build technical competence and professionalism in the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) sector that is essential for establishing, maintaining, and scaling universal access to safe water. To accomplish this, we offer publishing and training as a service to WASH sector organizations that support safe, piped water services in low- and middle-income countries.
GWC is a growing nonprofit less than three years old and has many startup characteristics. It was founded on biblical principles, and the work environment is fast-paced, dynamic, and flexible. Candidates should be comfortable working in a start-up, faith-based environment balancing the need for flexibility, structure, and procedure.
What is the opportunity?
The mission of the Manager of Administration (Manager) is to serve GWC leadership, effectively manage all day-to-day administrative operations, plan and implement policies and procedures, and provide strategic planning for future projects and growth. The Manager will have focused project management activities along with all the responsibilities of a more traditional office manager. This position will require the Manager to function in direct support of the executive leadership team and Board of Directors, play a critical role in cultivating dynamic company culture, and have a direct hand in designing the future of GWC’s growth. As the GWC team adds members, the Manager will oversee, coordinate, and train all administrative staff internationally. This role is based out of Charleston, SC, and reports to the General Counsel. Travel is typically not required for this position. The Manager will work predominantly out of the office with flexibility as to hours. Some remote work is possible.
Key responsibilities include:
* Manage scheduling and operational project management for the executive team.
* Support the Board of Directors with meeting preparation and task management.
* As GWC grows in its support staff: onboard, train, and lead administrative staff globally.
* Manage vendor relationships with outsourced professional services such as legal counsel and international payroll.
* Establish and implement office policies and procedures.
* Serve as administrative liaison between GWC and contracted HR services for recruiting efforts.
* Collaborate with GWC’s PEO for team payroll and employment changes.
* Coordinate with PEO for onboarding and all aspects of team personnel management.
* Assist IT with technology implementation, roadmaps, and updates for the GWC team.
* Collaborate with GWC’s Salesforce representatives for system coordination.
* Annually evaluate and budget for software licenses such as CRM, project management software, and technical data platforms.
* Coordinate with CFO to hire for and establish bookkeeping and accounting department.
* Temporarily process invoices each week (see bullet above).
* Supervise donor care operations.
* Assist CFO and rest of executive leadership team with analysis of GWC finances.
* Assist executive leadership team with the development of revenue and expense budget.
* Maintain accurate and thorough legal and accounting files for compliance.
* Serve as administrative liaison for facility leases and office location planning.
* Create and implement growth plans for the Charleston-based office and staff.
* Evaluate and purchase necessary office equipment.
* Maintain an organized and functional office environment, including stationary orders, compliant filing systems, invoice processing, and mail distribution.
What is required?
* Alignment with the GWC’s core values and a commitment to eradicating water poverty.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Minimum 5-7 years of experience in administrative or secretarial fields, or at least 2 years of experience in a managerial level position in operations or administration.
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite products.
* Experience with Salesforce and/or QuickBooks is preferred.
* Experience working with a PEO is preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact with staff and vendors globally.
* High attention to detail and prioritization skills.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.