The American Bible Society has historic roots, global reach, and a vision for engaging a new generation of Bible advocates. We are seeking talented, motivated, and collaborative people to come alongside us as we share the life-changing message of the Bible into our third century of ministry.
ABS is embarking on a new journey with our community of mid-level donors, and we are dedicated to innovating and scaling this program. We are looking for team members to help co-create and implement dynamic program growth, as we devise new ways to inspire these partners and share the incredible impact of their generosity.
The Midlevel Fundraising Manager serves an essential function within American Bible Society’s Ministry Advancement Division. S/he will carry the significant responsibility of caring for and cultivating high value donor relationships in a manner that leads to near term and long-term revenue growth for mission impact. The successful candidate will be responsible to steward, engage, invite, and delight a vital cohort of donors who are giving gifts of $1,000-$10,000 per year, growing in loyalty and generosity of time, talent, and treasure. Serving as a representative of ABS to their donors, s/he will be responsible for delivering on team annual revenue goals that fuel our mission, and for growing midlevel donor relationships that lead to a robust major donor giving base for ABS.
This position reports to the Director of Relationship Advancement and will work collaboratively with the Relationship Advancement team to inform and execute increasingly effective prospecting, cultivation and retention strategies and tactics.
Together with the Mid-Level team, you will provide donor delight to a shared caseload of over 2,500 partners giving between $1,000 – $10,000 per year through:
• Engaging one-on-one with donors daily to drive impactful connections resulting in more generous relationships.
• Contributing to mid-level donor communication strategies like emails, newsletters, welcome series and more.
• Building community through virtual engagement events
• Regular, systemic use of ABS’ CRM system
• Achieve personal and team key performance indicators to contribute to the team’s overall annual revenue, retention and upgrade goals.
The Mid-Level Fundraising Manager will be a critical part of building our major donor pipeline to significantly increase revenue through:
• Implementing a system to acquire new mid-level donors from our relationship marketing donor file
• Implementing a stewardship plan that will guide mid-level donors to deeper levels of funding and engagement with ABS
• Working together with prospect development and research to identify and cultivate mid-level partners to higher levels of relational fundraising and growing the major donor base.
The Mid-Level Fundraising Manager contributes to a positive, highly engaged and collaborative team culture through:
• In-person and virtual meeting participation with the Relationship Advancement team, the Ministry Advancement division, and ABS staff community
• Sprint Team participation for things like disaster response campaigns, donor events and other special projects
• Collaboration with the Relationship Marketing team on newsletters, event promo and more
The Mid-Level Fundraising Manager will demonstrate flexibility and being a team player!
• The nature of nonprofit work is being prepared for the unexpected and remaining agile to leverage opportunities for mission impact.
Essential Traits, Experience, & Skills
• Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
• Fervent belief in the vision, mission and values of the American Bible Society
• Demonstrated experience and comfort cultivating donors/customers and raising funds/closing deals up to or beyond $10k
• Ability to connect with and inspire people, particularly donors who love the Bible and feel called to share God’s Word with people in need
• Personal initiative and an ability to manage projects simultaneously, to set priorities and follow-through on projects
• Extremely organized and detail oriented
• Highly relational, excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good listener.
• Adaptable and solutions-oriented
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Is a strong collaborator, seeking partnership and input at all levels.
• Demonstrate spiritual disciplines that edify one another. A servant attitude putting others’ interest ahead of self
• Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive materials and information
• Must be energetic and self-motivated, possess a strong sense of humor, and work with minimal supervision
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years related experience, 2+ years sales/relationship development or door-centered fundraising preferred
• Experience with constituent communication and/or email marketing
• Experience maintaining records, working in a customer/donor database to track activity, and interpreting data to understand and prioritize caseload (Blackbaud CRM experience a plus)
• Basic business technology proficiency, including Microsoft Office 365
• Some occasional national travel required
• Local/hybrid candidates preferred; may consider remote
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.