Title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Coordinator
Division: Program Schedule: Regular, Full-time
Working Group: International Program FLSA: Exempt
Reports To: Monitoring & Evaluation Director
The MEL Coordinator will support the M&E Director in reporting and establishing program
reporting tools and ensuring program/field assessment data is analyzed and disseminated in a
timely manner. In addition, the MEL Coordinator will ensure that the program gathers
evidence and use learning to adapt and improve program effectiveness. S/he will provide
technical field support to the program centers. The MEL Coordinator will work closely with
program teams to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate
the collection of quality data under the supervision of the MEL Director. S/he may be assigned
to focus on supporting one or more specific grants or projects within a program as assigned by
the MEL Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the M&E Director in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and
evaluation of project activities (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking,
indicators, data flow chart, and M&E manuals).
2. Implement continuous log frame training and improvement.
3. Develop methods for tracking log frame project achievements and outcomes and take the
lead to implement them.
4. Disseminate feedback reports to RLs, National Directors (NDs), and necessary staff.
5. Coordinate the design and implementation of special studies and baselines surveys as
required by the M&E Director and participate as a team member in program center
6. Contribute to program enhancement through sharing findings from continuous assessment
that support in appropriate planning.
7. Synthesize/analyze data from program center evaluations and write summary reports for
internal and external purposes.
8. Carry out evaluations, impact assessments, and prepare case studies on interventions.
9. Assess the existing M&E systems, indicators and tools used by our program specialists and
partners as well as the possibility of changing, improving and/or unifying these systems.
10. Support and participate in program training, assessments and project evaluations and
provide feedback/strategic assistance moving forward with Regional Leaders and National
11. Undertake any other functions or responsibilities which may be assigned by the M&E
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Bachelor of Arts/Science in international development, international relations, public
health, managerial or related field preferred; High School diploma or equivalent
2. 2+ years experience developing and implementing operations and administrative
management activities for an organization.
3. Overseas cross-cultural experience is a plus.
4. Ability and willingness to travel to various project sites around the region.
5. Strong organizational skills, ability to be detail oriented, train and to follow through.
6. High level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis.
7. Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations.
8. Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
9. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
10. Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden and develop
financial and other resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and
11. Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission
statement and core values, to all outside constituencies.
12. As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff
member embraces the organization's religious purposes for which it exists and not only
agrees with its Statement of Faith but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2020 Accord Network. All rights reserved.