OCC Bag Screener Position Description:
Samaritan’s Purse will be hiring seasonal employees, to assist our security team as baggage screeners in the Boone Processing Center, during the 2020 Operation Christmas Child processing season. We are searching for security-minded, qualified, dependable and committed individuals who have the desire to be part of this meaningful ministry. Previous law enforcement, military or security experience is desired. You, or someone you know, may be an ideal candidate to serve in this seasonal associate position. This will require a commitment to work the duration of the processing season, from mid-November until the project is complete, generally around mid-December.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for doing a quick visual search of all large handbags, backpacks, duffle bags and coolers that are brought into the Boone Operation Christmas Child Processing Center by Associates and Volunteers as outlined in the Security / Bag Screen Procedures Guidelines.
· Maintains confidence in asking Volunteers to return inappropriate items to their vehicles. These items may include but are not limited to firearms, knives, alcohol/drug related paraphernalia, or anti-Christian/anti-Samaritan’s materials.
· Maintains a positive and friendly demeanor with all SP Staff, Associates and Volunteers.
· Works alongside Volunteer Greeter in making sure that all Volunteers have a positive experience.
· Works alongside fellow Security Team members including local law enforcement and K9 handler’s onsite.
· Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Samaritan’s Purse Policy Manual.
· Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
· Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.