Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Partner Events and Vision Trips Manager will lead the design and implementation of a wide range of events and international trips hosted by Water Mission’s Partnerships and Communications Division. Working cross-departmentally, the Partner Events and Vision Trips Manager will develop, plan, and execute events domestically and trips internationally. He or she will handle project details from start to finish including, but not limited to: strategy, execution, and evaluation. This position requires innovation and creativity. He or she will drive activities and details related to the annual Partners Summit, the bi-annual Country Directors’ Reception, the Volunteer Appreciation Event, Water Mission’s Vision trips, and other key donor and volunteer events and trips. This role reports to the Senior Director of Events and Engagement and will be based at Water Mission’s headquarters in Charleston, SC.
Represent Water Mission.
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, donors, volunteers, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
* Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities, as well as local, regional, and national news-worthy issues to support the Events and Engagement team effectively.
* Effectively communicate the mission and scope of Water Mission to various audiences.
* Represent Water Mission at events as assigned.
Lead and Implement Key Events.
* Lead the planning and execution of the annual Partners Summit working with senior leadership to develop the vision, goals,
*schedule, speaking points, and post-event evaluation.
* Work interdepartmentally to lead the development of the program and supporting materials for the annual Partners Summit, Country Directors’ Reception, Volunteer Appreciation event, and other domestic events as assigned.
* Oversee the logistics of the Partners Summit (and other events as assigned) by working directly with administrative support (and other departments as needed) to develop and maintain invitation lists, responses/registrations, reports, and other details. Ensure all relevant updates and conversations are added to Water Mission’s CRM, Raiser’s Edge.
* Lead the day-of implementation of the events, including the set-up, tear-down, accommodations, food and beverage, audio/visual, security, resources, merchandise, insurance, and other logistics that create a successful event.
* Develop and maintain a network of vendors for catering, AV, and other logistical support; negotiate with vendors; work internally to ensure venue contracts are signed.
* Work in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure communication tools are created and effectively utilized for each event. Materials could include, but are not limited to, electronic and print invitations, agendas, programs, name tags, posters, videos, photographs, and social media posts.
* Work with Charleston Volunteers Manager to identify volunteer needs for the successful implementation of events held at Water Mission. Oversee day-of volunteers by providing appropriate training and supervision, ensuring volunteers have a positive experience.
* Work with Global Partnerships Department, Investor Partnerships Department, and the National Volunteer Ministry to develop additional events that target specific audiences. Assist with the program design, invitation strategy, and coordination with Marketing and Communication for supporting materials.
* Utilize Smartsheet to plan event or project deliverables, assign tasks, establish timelines and budgets, and monitor progress. Ensure project status is kept current and accurate at all times.
* Continuously tweak and accept feedback of planning and implementation process to improve overall experience and smoothness in the execution of events.
Strategize and Plan Partner Trips.
* Develop a strategy and overall vision to create opportunities for constituents and partners to visit the field.
* Work cross-departmentally to set and maintain a calendar for international trips. Coordinate with programs department and international staff.
* Create, maintain, and implement processes for planning and executing trips for partners and staff.
* Train and enforce trip guidelines an excellent and safe customer experience.
* Develop and maintain participant resources such as participant manuals.
* Plan and execute all aspects of the trip including, but not limited to, budgets, partner communication, itineraries, flights, visas, participant pre-trip packets, and debrief surveys.
* Act as a trip leader as assigned. Lead the group during travel and in-country in coordination with the country programs team. Work to ensure a positive experience for all participants.
* Work cross-departmentally to develop a virtual vision trip that will allow audiences to see Water Mission’s work through a comprehensive and immersive virtual experience.
Team Building and Other Opportunities.
* Collaborate with other Events and Engagement Team members to develop a catalog of team-building activities that can be used at events or in the field. Activities should be engaging and develop cohesion amongst the group.
* Ensure all necessary items to conduct activities are available for each event or trip.
* Implement activities as assigned. Train event or trip leaders to implement activities and ensure goals are met.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* This is a growth position and may have the opportunity to oversee a direct report. If this occurs, additional managerial duties will
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and Core Values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Consistently present a professional image and effectively communicate the mission and purpose of Water Mission.
* Bachelor’s Degree required.
* Ability to travel, as necessary, to support events and trips. Up to 25% travel both domestically and internationally.
* 5+ years of event coordination and management experience.
* Event coordination experience required. The capacity for these events should be between 150-1,000 attendees.
* International trip planning experience or cross-cultural experience required.
* Experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including constructively articulating ideas and feedback.
* Demonstrated ability to lead day-of-event volunteers and staff in the implementation of events.
* Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
* Thrives under pressure and has a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
* Ability to work in a highly fluid environment and ability to respond to changing requests.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
* Flexibility to work periodic nights and weekends as required for ministry operations.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities, required.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.