Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Partner Services Coordinator is a critical member of the Partnerships and Communications department at Water Mission and is responsible for representing the ministry to a broad audience of partners, volunteers, and guests. An ideal candidate will possess a heart of service, an eye for detail, and strong written and oral communication skills—all of which are vital to clearly, effectively, and relationally communicating with partners through phone and email. He or she will serve partners with a relational heart and steward their gifts with excellence. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day gift processing and the acknowledgment of gifts, the accuracy of donor records, and quality assurance for the ministry’s constituent database, Raiser’s Edge (RE). This full-time position is located at Water Mission’s headquarters in N. Charleston, SC, and reports to the Partner Services Manager.
A successful Partner Services Coordinator will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, partners, volunteers, those we serve, and the general public.
* Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities. Stay informed of local, regional, national, and global news and issues to support the P&C Administration team effectively.
* Ensure that all communication is conveyed clearly, efficiently, and with a relational heart.
* Develop ability to invite guests, partners, and prospective partners to join us through prayer, scripture, encouragement, and giving.
* Assist in answering inbound calls with professionalism, clear communication, and courtesy. Route calls to appropriate staff members as needed.
* Assist guests, partners, and prospective partners with website navigation, financial transactions, account maintenance, and problem resolution in a timely manner, with a relational heart.
* Assist with outbound calls, including appreciation calls to partners, volunteers and churches, volunteer scheduling and information-sharing, and donor event RSVPs.
* Support reception duties as requested, which include, but are not limited to, greeting volunteers and guests, ensuring visitors have proper identification in line with our security guidelines, and ensuring proper routing of incoming and outgoing mail.
* Assist with ministry mailings including, but not limited to, new donor packets, impact reports, year-end tax statements, etc.
* Meet or exceed all ministry quality standards in following procedures and guidelines regarding professionalism, timeliness, and accuracy.
Gift Processing and Data Management
* Create and update constituent records within RE as needed.
* Read and interpret donor requests; analyze needs; research project information, donations, and previous communications in donor records; compose responses; and document conversations.
* Manage the execution of daily gift processing for gift entry and donor acknowledgment, working with others on the Partner
* Services Team and Accounting Department to reconcile items.
* Level 2 Gift Processing Duties: Online donations through Raiser’s Edge/Luminate Online/Omatic Connnector
* Level 3 Gift Processing Duties: Checks, cash, ACH, WT, Third Party, Stock, and GIK Donations
* Assist with Level 1 record processing, as needed, such as adding/updating constituent records and adding actions.
* Process financial transactions and other donation issues, including credit card and banking information with a problem-solving approach to identify and resolve transaction errors.
* Manage acknowledgment, receipting, and tribute card process; track matching gift companies; maintain constituent files by timely and accurate data entry.
* Ensure data integrity and CRM database cleanliness by following Water Mission policies and procedures and monitoring quality of recorded information.
* Assist Investor Partnerships and Global Partnerships teams with inquiries about donor information and giving history.
* Work closely with Partnerships Managers and Directors when major gifts come in, entering gift documentation on donor records, ensuring action items and follow-up are executed and documented; track outstanding commitments, communicate payment schedules, and produce reminders.
* Support Events and Engagement team to ensure gifts from Walks are properly recorded.
* Work with volunteers to ensure mailings, data entry, and other tasks are completed.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Associate’s Degree preferred.
* 1 to 3 years’ experience in donor relations or database management. Experience within a nonprofit setting preferred but not required.
* Technical proficiency in database management, computer systems, and software solutions; Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
* Ability to interact with business and ministry partners in a positive, uplifting manner.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly solve problems as they occur.
* Demonstrates a high level of integrity and excellent judgment handling sensitive and confidential information.
* Comprehensive computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Strong internal and external customer service focus.
* Keyboarding/typing proficiency.
* Strong attention to detail and process orientation.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Willingness to represent and support Water Mission at special events and through community outreach as requested.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities is required.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Flexibility to work periodic nights and weekends as required for ministry operations.
* Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.