We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Partnerships Director represents the ministry of Water Mission in building long-term partnerships with current and prospective major investors in the region. Its focus is on sharing what God is doing through the ministry and intentionally developing relationships that invite people into deep and meaningful partnerships to facilitate the ongoing funding of Water Mission programs. This position is based in the Northeast, Southeast, or Midwest U.S. or Charleston, South Carolina, and is part of the larger development team based out of Water Mission’s headquarters in Charleston, SC. It reports to the Senior Director of Investor Partnerships. Travel is expected 50-80 nights annually, including domestically and internationally as necessary. A successful Partnerships Director will:
Intentionally Create and Build Relationships
* Personally engage partners through a variety of means such as personal visits, special events, vision trips, and other meaningful touches (with a priority on face-to-face)
* Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 priority partners
* Grow portfolio by developing new giving partnerships through networking and research
* Develop and execute an annual plan including an individualized engagement strategy for advancing each relationship
Present Opportunities for Partnership
* Invite people into deep and meaningful partnerships through giving opportunities that align their ministry passions with the mission and programs of Water Mission
* Seek opportunities for partnership that utilize a partner’s influence, time, and talent
* Specifically seek the leading of the Holy Spirit through each relationship and encounter
* Show opportunities for partnership that invite investors into a deep, meaningful relationship that aligns their ministry passions with Water Mission’s programs
* Serve and Care for Partners
* Thank partners well by providing personal and timely acknowledgment
* Minister to donors on a spiritual level; encouraging their walk with the Lord, praying with and for them, and incorporating principles of Biblical stewardship as appropriate
* Provide customized impact reporting
* Keep partners feeling connected, updated, and valued as true partners
* Personally Represent Water Mission at events as needed
* Grow the partner portfolio by discovering and developing new giving partnerships through intentional networking and research
* Remain updated on global events and all aspects of ministry programs through personal study of the Water Mission website, department wiki, public communications, and news outlets
* Accurately document all constituent contact information using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
* Report investor/prospect engagement activity and outcomes monthly to the VP
* Work remotely while participating in weekly video conferencing with VP and development team, and other meetings as deemed necessary
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity
* Consistently present a professional image and effectively communicate the mission and purpose of Water Mission
* Master’s degree and CFRE, preferred
* 3+ years of experience in successfully developing relationships with high capacity individuals
* Experience in raising $1,000,000+ annually through major gifts
* Excellent development and communications skills
* Availability to travel 50-80 nights annually, including domestically and internationally
* Solid understanding of Biblical stewardship and transformational fundraising
* Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
* Living and working within the respective region
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.