Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Partnerships Manager is responsible for building long-term partnerships with current and prospective mid-level partners. The focus of this role is sharing what God is doing through the ministry and intentionally stewarding relationships that invite people into deep and meaningful partnerships to facilitate the funding of Water Mission’s vision.
This position is responsible for engaging, qualifying, and advancing a portfolio of donors through communication strategies that include phone calls, emails, handwritten notes, ministry updates, local partner visits, tours, etc. This includes qualifying potential major donors through prospect research and coordinating closely with Partnerships Directors in transitioning relationships. The Partnerships Manager reports to the Senior Partnerships Manager and may be located at Water Mission’s headquarters in Charleston, SC or remotely.
A successful Partnerships Manager will:
– Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, partners, volunteers, and the general public.
– Maintain high-level knowledge of Water Mission’s organizational objectives, programmatic strategies, projects, and activities.
– Document and maintain information related to all communications and partner development in a timely manner using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software.
– Faithfully serve in keeping with the Water Mission biblical philosophy of stewardship to our existing and prospective partners.
– Effectively communicate the mission and scope of Water Mission to various audiences.
– Report engagement activity and outcomes monthly to the Senior Partnerships Manager.
– Respond to general inquiries through phone or email communication as requested.
– Represent Water Mission at events as requested.
– Support Global Water Center initiatives as assigned by the Senior Partnerships Manager.
– Other duties as assigned.
Intentionally Build Relationships and Present Opportunities
– Maintain working knowledge of Water Mission projects, activities, and operations, as well as investment, financial, global, and news-worthy issues in order to effectively communicate opportunities to partners.
– Find and connect with prospective partners, including but not limited to individuals, families, small businesses, foundations, and churches, who reach out to Water Mission for general information.
– Win relationships with current and prospective partners. Actively identify the greatest areas of alignment and invite givers into deep and meaningful financial partnerships. Seek opportunities to utilize a partner’s influence, time, and talent.
– Grow and advance a portfolio of approximately 800 partners giving between $1,000 – $10,000 annually.
– Execute a strategic communication plan for each partner to advance the relationship. This includes phone calls, updates and reporting, emails, letters, and other meaningful interactions.
– Build reports for the Senior Partnerships Manager or other senior leadership as requested.
Serve and Care for key partners.
– Keep key partners connected, updated, and feeling valued by providing timely and personal acknowledgment. Ensure follow-ups as promised or requested. Adjust according to their preferred mode and frequency of reporting.
– Lift key partners’ awareness of the impact, ministry, and vision for ongoing partnership as a means of solving the global water crisis, saving lives now and for eternity through customized impact reporting. Encourage them on a spiritual level, if appropriate.
– Qualify potential major partners through prospect research and coordinate closely with Partnerships Directors in transitioning relationships.
What is required?
– Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
– Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
– Consistently present a professional image and effectively communicate the mission and purpose of Water Mission.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
– CFRE is beneficial, but not required.
– Alignment with Water Mission’s core values and principles of biblical stewardship.
– Minimum of three years of experience in successfully developing relationships with individuals and/or businesses.
– Track record of raising $500,000+ annually through the cultivation of donors (or sales equivalent).
– Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus, but not required.
– Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas in a constructive and succinct way.
– Ability to work in a highly fluid environment, respond to changing requests, and handle competing priorities.
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
– Ability to travel to the Charleston headquarters twice annually (if remote).
– Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities.
– Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
– Flexibility to work periodic nights and weekends as required for ministry operations.
– Commitment to the values and mission of the organization and ending the global water crisis.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.