The Procurement Director supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope by acquiring gifts-in-kind to be used in Community Events, Disaster Services, global initiatives, and Rural Initiatives programming. This position primarily serves in corporate product donor relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops gift-in-kind product relationships with corporations, manufacturers, distributors, nonprofits, and other sources. This is to procure essential donated food, supplies, and resources to maintain ministry needs and meet anticipated growth.
2. Oversees gift-in-kind donors through a donor-base management plan.
3. Provides regular reports of current and targeted gift-in-kind donor relationships.
4. Develops donor strategies to identify and cultivate new gift-in-kind donors.
5. Assists with other duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Two or more years of corporate sales experience in the food sector is preferred.
3. Experience with gift-in-kind in the nonprofit industry is preferred.
4. Demonstrates excellent communication skills — verbal, written, and interpersonal — for maintaining contacts and building new relationships with donors and partners.
5. Displays strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
6. Exhibits a willingness and ability to travel for donor relationships, tradeshows, and other events.
7. Serves as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden, and develop financial and other resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and program ministry.
8. Positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside constituencies.
9. As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that team members embrace the organization’s religious purposes for which it exists, and not only agree with its Statement of Faith but demonstrate it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.