The Photojournalist supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope by capturing media in domestic and international settings, telling the organization’s stories through the lens of partnership. This person meets the Procurement team’s needs throughout the year and ensures partnership requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Travels within the U.S. and around the world to cover important program activity, such as disaster responses, Children’s
Feeding programs, and Community Events.
a. Up to 75% travel may be required. Once trained, this person is responsible for coordinating travel.
2. Regularly meets with the Procurement team to determine priorities, assignments, and travel schedules.
3. Understands Procurement’s “wins” and analyzes ways to better serve their team.
4. Captures photos and occasionally shoots video of gifts-in-kind being utilized in the field. Each photo should tell a great story.
5. Conducts interviews to report on how gifts-in-kind make an enormous difference in the lives of the people Convoy serves.
a. Examples include traveling to a disaster zone to report on how the food, hygiene items, and cleanup supplies helped a
in need, or traveling to east Africa to report on how nutritious meals are making a difference during the food crisis.
6. Organizes media within the Communications server structure while also developing a delivery/archival system that works for
the Procurement team.
7. Tags photos using Adobe Bridge promptly after media is gathered.
8. Participates in collaborative meetings with gifts-in-kind partners.
9. Takes care of gear, making sure camera and equipment is in excellent working order.
10. Fulfills other duties as assigned.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, and a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Two or more years in marketing, communications, journalism, or a similar field is required.
3. Two or more years in photography experience is required.
4. Videography and Adobe Creative Studio (including Bridge) experience is preferred.
5. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, talking to anyone, anywhere, at any time.
6. Displays a highly organized demeanor and is detail oriented.
7. Exhibits excellent verbal and written communications skills.
8. Possesses an ability and willingness to travel 50% to 75% of the time — within the U.S. or internationally — often on short
9. Demonstrates the ability to efficiently utilize Mac or PC equipment and software.
10. Can positively contribute to team projects and work with other team members.
11. Serves as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden, and develop financial and other resource opportunities to
support and expand organizational and program ministry.
12. Positively represents the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside
13. As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that team members embrace the organization’s religious
purposes for which it exists, and not only agree with its Statement of Faith but demonstrate it in their lives on an ongoing
None at this time.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.