Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
The Procurement Planner will play an integral role in developing department goals and controls in a nonprofit environment. This person must be deadline-driven and motivated by the challenge of continuously improving inventory turns while utilizing just-in-time deliveries. The Planner will work closely with internal (domestic and international) teams and external vendors to assure Water Mission is receiving the correct cost and quality while maintaining the desired delivery timeframe. The Procurement Planner will control inventory turns by ordering the correct quantity of products as designated by the ERP system, conducting cycle counts to maintain inventory, and working with vendors to assure Water Mission receives the correct quality of products. This is a full-time Charleston-based position that reports to the Procurement Manager.
A successful Procurement Planner will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, vendors, and the public.
* Create and maintain production schedules and prioritize job orders for optimization.
* Follow-up as required with the warehouse team to expedite flow of materials and notate in system to meet customer expectations.
* Work with vendors to resolve any quality and/or delivery concerns and escalate any cost issues to the Procurement Manager.
* Determine delivery date estimates from vendors and notate in the ERP.
* Complete status reports and data analysis to review and evaluate delivery progress, work in progress, raw material inventory, and finished goods demand.
* Work closely with counterparts in various countries programs to support products needed from USA vendors.
* Conduct inventory cycle counts weekly and notifies the appropriate team member of any discrepancies.
* Run open purchase order reports weekly to support the resolution of past due deliveries.
* Maintain the min/max level of office materials needed to sustain an everyday working environment.
* Assure that gift-in-kind is captured and recorded in an internal report for available products within the ERP system.
* Notify the appropriate team member of any product changes received from the vendor that is not set up in the ERP to purchase from a vendor.
* Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Associates degree required; APICS certification preferred.
* Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
* 4+ years of planning experience working in a production environment.
* Working knowledge of an ERP system; experience with NetSuite preferred.
* Knowledge of procurement techniques and best practices.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback in a constructive way within a fluid work environment.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
* Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time in hot and cold environments.
* Ability to pass a forklift driving test.
* Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and international travel.
* Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities.
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.