We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
To be considered for this position, the submission of the application and all supplemental documents (CV/resume, cover letter, and other attachments) are required in English. Written and spoken English and Spanish are required for this position.
Who is Water Mission?
Water Mission is a rapidly growing Christian engineering nonprofit working to end the global water crisis by building safe water, sanitation, and hygiene solutions in developing nations and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served nearly 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and our Christian Mission.
What is the opportunity?
Working under the supervision of the US-based Regional Controller and in coordination with the Country Director and the Regional Director, the Peru Program Accountant is responsible for performing the accounting functions of the organization in Peru. This position is remote and based in Iquitos, Peru.
A successful Program Accountant will:
* Maintain a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
* Process payroll accurately, ensure that timesheets are accurate, and submit appropriate payroll taxes to the government, working under the review of the Global Payroll Manager in the US headquarters.
* Process and pay invoices and oversee petty cash in accordance with procedures approved by US headquarters.
* Maintain accurate accounting records in NetSuite, reconcile bank and cash accounts, and prepare monthly reporting vs. budget for review by management and US headquarters.
* Assist in the standardization, implementation, and enforcement of accounting policies and procedures, including internal controls and other initiatives, addressing issues relating to performance, compliance, and financial risk.
* Analyze cash position, budget variances, and fund balances to initiate monthly funding requests.
* Collaborate and develop good working relationships with Regional Director, Peru program staff, and US headquarters accounting staff.
* Maintain knowledge of the organization’s projects and activities.
* Assist with the annual financial planning and budgeting process for the country program, following the direction of the US headquarters.
* Support audit-related activities and communications or initiatives with government entities.
* Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
* Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
* Bilingual in Spanish/English.
* University degree in accounting or finance preferred.
* Two years of experience in accounting, including payroll.
* Experience with an NGO is preferred but not required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback in a constructive way.
* Advanced skills with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint) and familiarity with financial and accounting information systems.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Excellent relationship and conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
* Legal authorization to work in Peru without sponsorship.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.