All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active participation in a Christian church or Christian community; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
1. Highly proficient in oral and written English
2. Ideally proficient in oral and written French
3. University degree in Development Studies, Project Management, Agriculture, Business or related field (graduate degree preferred, undergraduate degree required)
4. At least one year of experience in development program coordination, management or in a planning, monitoring and evaluation position.
5. Training and/or experience in results-based management principles, tools and
6. Ability to understand and communicate across cultural and linguistic boundaries.
7. Excellent relational skills that allow him/her to engage with all sectors of society.
8. Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
9. High competency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
10. Ability and willingness to travel to rural areas, as security allows.
Invitations to serve with MCC are contingent on the successful outcome of criminal background check(s).
Job Synopsis The Project Coordinator is responsible for mentoring and building capacity of local partners towards greater independence and sustainability and, alongside the MCC Burkina Faso Country Representatives, will assist in all planning, monitoring, and evaluating activities for various projects related to conservation agriculture, peace building, education, health, and emergency assistance.
Key Responsibilities 1. Assist partner organizations with all management aspects of a project including proposals, implementation, planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (PMER)
2. Visit partner organizations and their projects on a regular basis to better understand their work.
3. Review and make recommendations on submitted project proposals.
4. Work with MCC Burkina Faso Representatives and external donors to evaluate and strengthen partner projects.
5. Monitor deadlines to ensure that all reporting requirements are met.
6. Review all partner reports for quality and ensure that reports and other project documents capture progress, effectiveness, and impact of projects.
7. Assist with translation of partner plans and reports from French to English.
8. Compile and monitor all projects and document in the MCC database, PlanWin.
9. Assess current capacity of local partners and offer planning, monitoring, evaluation & reporting (PMER) support.
10. Develop contacts and relationships with relevant external agencies (local government, community-based and NGO entities) to enhance program implementation and sustainability.
11. Represent MCC at relevant functions to promote the identity of the MCC Burkina Faso program.
12. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of PMER principles and practices.
13. Model non-violent peacemaking in the workplace and community through respectful interactions with others.
14. Attend MCC meetings and events as appropriate, including devotional and prayer time led by staff.
15. Other duties as requested.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2023 Accord Network. All rights reserved.