Intersection of Calling and Career
World Vision is hiring a Project Coordinator to serve on the Advocacy and Government Relations team.
01 At a Glance
Role: Project Coordinator, Gates Foundation SCORE grant (Advocacy and Government Relations)
Location: Washington, D.C. USA preferred; remote possible
Reports to: Senior Director of Government Relations
Required Experience: Associate’s degree or equivalent (four years) work experience. In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires work experience in project coordination or related area; 1-3 years. -OR- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. for any employer.
Travel: Up to 5 percent of time both in domestic and international contexts.
02 The Job:
World Vision is looking for a Project Coordinator to provide administrative and advocacy support to a Gates Foundation-funded project focused on increasing Congressional support for foreign assistance, with an emphasis on maternal and child health (including family planning). The Project Coordinator will serve on the Advocacy and Government Relations team under the supervision of the Senior Director of Government Relations. This position is fully grant funded.
03 Your Responsibilities Will Include:
• Compiling monthly written progress reports for submission to the Gates Foundation.
• Developing monitoring tools to track project progress and updating them regularly with relevant information.
• Tracking Congressional statements related to foreign assistance, maternal and child health, and family planning.
• Conducting research and assisting with the development of policy documents, in collaboration the Policy Advisor for Global Health.
• Representing World Vision at meetings or events, as assigned.
• Supporting World Vison volunteer advocate engagement through meeting scheduling, recording meeting notes, and assisting with volunteer advocate training.
• Assisting with key events, including Congressional learning trips, the annual World Vision Advocacy Summit, in-district Congressional roundtables, and Congressional briefings.
• Coordinating faith-based partner collaboration efforts, including potentially managing a listerv and website.
04 You Bring These Skills:
• Attention to detail
• Ability to balance multiple priorities
• Strong communication skills and ability to articulate ideas and influence
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Cross-cultural communication skills
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Planning and organization skills
• Organizational awareness and an understanding of the WV framework
• Ability to work on a computer and with Microsoft programs
• Organize and manage information and resources
• Research skills
05 Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree or equivalent (four years) work experience.
In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires work experience in project coordination or related area; 1-3 years. -OR- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
06 Additional Skills We Are Interested In:
• Highly organized
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Basic understanding of Congress/the US Government
• Ability to transform simple direction and tasks into a completed project
07 Where This Job Could Take Your Career:
This role is an early career job with opportunities to grow into higher-level roles on the Advocacy and Government Relations team or to move elsewhere within World Vision. You’ll be part of World Vision USA as well as part of the larger World Vision International Partnership. Globally, we have over 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries (~1,000 staff with World Vision US).
08 About World Vision:
We’re a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to empower them as they reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over 70 years, World Vision has followed Jesus’ example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. We serve every child regardless of faith.
09 Salary Range & Benefits:
Your salary is important to you, so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started. We also have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package. Click here to learn more.
10 What happens next?
We review applications nearly every day assessing fit for the role. If questions arise on our end, we will message you to learn more. Please make sure to submit your resume as an attachment and cover letters are encouraged! Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview where the opportunity to connect with additional members of our staff lends itself to more of a 360-view of the role. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time. All interviews will be virtual at this time.
Washington, D.C. preferred. Remote possible.
Working Environment / Conditions
Standard office environment. May travel overseas; 1-2 weeks.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.