We are currently seeking a Program Sector Manager to serve in our Cambodia office and oversee all programming relating to anti-trafficking and allied activities in our operational areas. In this role, you will work directly with the Protection Program Manager to manage protection specific programs and with program managers of all other sectors to mainstream and integrate protection into all our activities. You will be responsible for writing program documents, proposals, reports, research, and summaries in addition to looking for potential donor expansion of the project. You will work with our national staff, managers, partners, and churches to strengthen and expand programming in the protection sector and change lives and communities that are in great need.
A day in the life of a Protection Sector Manager:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Protection Sector Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
– Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
– Provide leadership and direction in the protection sector by developing plans for expansion of projects; this includes working with program managers and office leaders to integrate protection activities across sectors and use opportunities to incorporate ministry into all programs while collaborating with churches and local partners
– Works in conjunction with program managers, Country Director, Deputy Country Director, Program Development Officer, and relevant program and financial staff to develop plans, proposals, and budgets for new projects and existing projects in the field of trafficking in persons sector(s).
– Provide support, coaching, and mentoring to the Protection Program Manager as they lead field-level execution of programs and work with local donor representatives, education partners, government authorities to address critical needs, meet donor criteria for funding and reporting at regular intervals, and establish monitoring systems and project reviews
– All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
– Relevant Bachelors degree from four-year college or university and two to three (2-3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
– Demonstrated experience working in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
– Financial management experience preferred
– Management and leadership experience preferred
– Experience with proposal writing, program development, implementation, and monitoring/evaluating methodologies.
– Thorough knowledge of the issues and principles involved in the prevention of human trafficking, Gender Based Violence programming and the causal factors of human trafficking and exploitation and the various means of breaking the cycle through ‘upstream’ prevention activities.
– Thorough knowledge of Safeguarding and ‘Do No Harm’ principles and implementation.
– 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies (required)
Job Location: Battambang, Cambodia
Type: (Full-Time/Part-Time/Temporary) Full-Time
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Khmer a plus
Travel Expectations: domestic and international travel of approximately 80 days/year; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
– International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
– Paid Family Medical Leave
– Retirement savings plan
– Paid holidays
– 12 vacation/personal days
– 10 sick days
– Annual home leave
Samaritans Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritans Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritans Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing Gods love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Your "Thursday Three" email gives you the latest news of interest and upcoming events. It focuses on the "sweet spot" where the Christian world meets the development and policy worlds.
P.O. Box 15815
Washington DC, 20003
© 2022 Accord Network. All rights reserved.